Interested in getting into website creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in getting into website creation

I am interested in starting a website and getting into designing of the website. I created a website a while ago for a friends company with google apps but used their very simple template. I know Dreamweaver can be used. How easy is it to learn? Or should I ask what languages are used? HTML, XML? How does programming come into this? I think I can learn it...I took some programming in college (C++, Visual Basic) and do a lot of VBA programming using EXCEL and ACCESS. I'm not sure if I'm asking the right questions, but maybe just a link for beginners? I've googled "how to start a website" and I get a lot of results about programs to use but really no step by step method.
    Thanks

Re: Interested in getting into website creation

I recommend that you first learn to create a simple sight by coding HTML directly. It is not hard. You can learn it from a good book, online instructions, community schools program, or a community college course. Spend 10 to 20 hours on this and you will be amazed what you can do as far as developing a basic page.
    Then afterwards learn Dreamweaver - which you can learn in the same ways. Having learned to code first will be a big help in using Dreamweaver, which in turn will increase tremendously the things you can do on a web page and increase productivity.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Comment

Re: Interested in getting into website creation

I went to college, but if I had to do it again I would look at the college class, then find the book from their bookstore, then I would buy it off amazon ;)

Comment

I would suggest, learn HTML first. Once done then go with CSS and Javascript. When you are familiar with all these then try HTML5. I send Great Websites To Help You Learn Web Development Online.

Comment

Good Post I like it

Comment

Yep I have interest in python

Comment

Working...
            X