No announcement yet.

JPG Compression ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems to me somebody has been proven wrong here Thomas (you :p)...

why is it that i get the feeling your jealous that cameron has built from the ground a very successful tech site?

please, i think the best thing you can possibly do right now is crawl back to your lower leveled tech site and not return here, cameron has written a nice, simple article, a few errors yes and has admitted to them...

as beefy said, no rants/flames...maybe you realise finally your in over your head...

btw, anybody that replies to this, please don't flame Thomas (altho we'd love to) because all your really doing is stooping to his level...

:thumbs do
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

damn it al teh action is gone
      oh well looks liek we won :bounce:
      TT Original

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
        btw, anybody that replies to this, please don't flame Thomas (altho we'd love to) because all your really doing is stooping to his level...

:thumbs do
        Well, no, just I'm errr, not really this guy who you seem to think I am.

Comment

well if not then why are you hiding yourself? :rolleyes2

Comment

Ok, what is your Reviews, Articles, HOW-To's and news compared as a ratio from Accurate to inaccurate? Starting frome day one? I highly doubt that you have created enough articles to even fall in to a ratio catagory. Maybe I am wrong.

This site must have done some good some where or you wouldn't be here now..... Where are you banners at? Never seen them around...>Mr. Tweak must be doing something right!

Comment

Originally posted by hbidad
              Ok, what is your Reviews, Articles, HOW-To's and news compared as a ratio from Accurate to inaccurate? Starting frome day one? I highly doubt that you have created enough articles to even fall in to a ratio catagory. Maybe I am wrong.

This site must have done some good some where or you wouldn't be here now..... Where are you banners at? Never seen them around...>Mr. Tweak must be doing something right!
              I saw link on /., simple. saw errors, posted them.

"Now, if you did have a clue about JPEG compression, you'd know that the compression ratio in fact doesn't not always directly correlate to the size of the file"

Also note Beefy said this not the writer. So perhaps if Cam had covered this properly I wouldn't be whinging here. Bye

Comment

Still, I don't see any comment / apology from you about yourself being wrong.. so you are basically doin the same thing as Cam here.... Even though Cam isn't exactly wrong to begin with. He states the software he is using (PSP) and then states how it works.. As we showed that it's not an exact ratio, I don't see what is really wrong with that now..

Comment

Well, I guess this kinda says it all. 2 days later & still he hasn't replied.
                  Kinda makes you wonder what else our Unregistered user doesn't bother fixing, even when the errors are pointed out publically, which is usually the best way to get people to fix things (As with Microsoft for example, heh).

In summary why don't you try better inform other forum readers by actually correcting / apologising for mistakes rather than leaving them. Perhaps this is why you "left" the forums. They probably don't like those who continually make mistakes but don't learn how to be man enough to accept when they are wrong.

Comment

Maybe he got sick of talkin' to ya. ;)
                    :cheers:

Comment

maybe he realised what a total idiot he made of himself and is too ashamed to come back..

Comment

This brought up a little thing I have found...

For Windows screenshots, PNG format is a nice way to do things, it is a newer form of GIF and looks damn nice (not limited to 256 colours). Here's a screenshot in PNG format (only about 55KB):
                        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

And the same screenshot in crappy JPG quality (and over DOUBLE the size) :eek:
                          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Working...
                          X