Newbie needs free web hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs free web hosting

I just want to start my own web site about me and maybe put some PC neews and stuff on it. i don't know html and don't want to learn. is there anything out there for me?

Thanks in advance

dare i say it....FrontPage...

also, if you want free web hosting, your ISP workspace would probably be best for now...
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
      dare i say it....FrontPage...
      How can you say such a thing.. :D

For someone who wants to run a website and have PC info, i'm surprised that you don't want to learn even basic HTML. it's not really all that difficult. You could ask people around here for help if you're stuck... but if you don't want to learn, that's your choice.. Frontpage is enough to make some simple pages, but if you want to do a bit more stuff, then take a look at Dreamweaver.. that's my HTML program of choice.

Comment

hehe, i know, it was hard for me to even mention that program :D

another thing you could do is goto the best teacher of EVERYTHING....www.google.com :D
        At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

*SLAP*

How dare you blaspheme! Speaking that name in web circles is the highest form of insult!

Comment

You could use a program like swish, its basically easier flash 5 but it possible and quite easy to make a whole website out of it, there are also tutorials on how to upload ur webpage onto a server etc.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I should really learn HTML, I just don't have the time. I believe I found a place to host my page, so that's not a problem.

Anyway ow hard is it to learn HTML? I have a rather busy scehdual and don't have a lot of free time. Are there any good HTML teaching programs out there? Someone said using flash 5 to build a site, but isn't that harder?:confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Not flash 5, but a program that is similar to it, but waay easier, my m8 made our cs clan site with it, its pretty simple.

Comment

Well, everyone learns differently. I think the real key is to find one of the many HTML tutorial sites that speaks to you.

For myself HTML Goodies was the site that did the trick. But you'll have to look around to see what you can relate to.
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Don't be lazy. Goto my site, http://www.devarticles.com and start learning PHP and MySQL! It's seriously easier than you think.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepps
                      Not flash 5, but a program that is similar to it, but waay easier, my m8 made our cs clan site with it, its pretty simple.

hello that would be me :)

Comment

hehe, yep :p

Comment

i agree with DevArticles.com!

just spend some time to design it, then learn some basic HTML + PHP + mysql, and your laughin'. then after you've finished your design, you will understand how to integrate php+mysql into it, even if using another 3rd party script.

then all you need to do after that is visit a page to post news, and you wont need to spend much time.

so the time investment will pay off.

plus, you've got all us tweaktowners to help if u have trouble :)

Comment

Working...
                          X