PHP Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP Books

I'm attempting to learn PHP and have been recommended to buy a book to get me started. Does anyone have any suggestions for which book I should get?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Download the php manual in pdf format and give it to a printer.....of course it helps if you know a printer, I gave the linux network admin guide in pdf to a mate to print..heh,heh..you should have seen the look on his face when he found out how big it was :D
    p-two.net

Comment

or better yet get the compiled html one and just serarch it for the stuff u want
      http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
        I'm attempting to learn PHP and have been recommended to buy a book to get me started. Does anyone have any suggestions for which book I should get?
        The book I've got is called PHP4 Developer's Guide, by Blake Schwendiman, published by Osborne, it's really good :).

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris

The book I've got is called PHP4 Developer's Guide, by Blake Schwendiman, published by Osborne, it's really good :).
          Where did you buy it from?
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Just went to a local bookstore, they ordered it in.

Cost around $120, I think.

Comment

WOW - They aren't cheap are they. It would probably be worth the investment though.
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
                WOW - They aren't cheap are they. It would probably be worth the investment though.

That's actually cheap for a good textbook Tweak :D

Between Mum and myself, we have purchased over A$4,000 worth of textbooks since we started college in February 1999 - and still use most of them to this day :)

But the right textbook, no matter what the cost, is definately worth the money :thumb:

And seeing that you are in Melbourne, try McGills - they are the BEST source for technical books in Brisbane and have their head office in Melbourne.
                What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

I might just do that next week - Thanks for the advice. :)
                  Managing Director
                  Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Working...
                  X