looking precreated website template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking precreated website template

Ok, ive got a problem, im lazy. I dont want to draw all my own pictures for my website, but i do want to learn more about Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash. Ive got all the programs but i need to find a precreated template.

Does anyone know where a good place to get something like this is? I can work with CSS's, Flash Templates, etc...

My website is coming along nicely but it looks very unprofessional and i would like to add some pizazz to it at all costs. Any ideas?

Also, is there any way i could get a bulliten board for free?

you don't want to draw your own stuff, yet you've got flash and fireworks? The whole idea of them is to create stuff. :) There's plenty of tutorial books out there for those programs, plus there's even built in guides you can work through.

As for free bulletin boards, phpbb is a good one. I've used it before, and with the vBulletin skin it looks very similar to TT. The only niggle I have with it is the administration side of things isn't as easy / powerful as vB is.

Comment

Liquid 2D has some great templates.

Comment

Well, not only am i lazy but im a terrible artist. If i was to create a site using these programs, which would i use most? I know Dreamweaver pretty well, and im familiar with Fireworks for the most part, I know practically nothing about flash(though i hear its easy) and im starting to use Photoshop more now that i got the color profiles fixed (for some reason my colors were all pink.)

What is a really helpful book? Possibly Flash MX, or Fireworks MX.

I have tried to create templates before but something always gets messed up in the display..

Comment

The basics of Flash are very easy, but once you start getting into Action Scripting, it basically becomes a programming task. Like I said before, there's a couple built in tutorials with each program. Go through them for starters, then just hunt around for other tutorials.

Comment

Thanks, i just borrowed Sams teach yourself Flash MX in 24 hours from a friend. I think im all set now.

Comment

You might trying checking out www.templatemonster.com. They have some pretty nice templates :)

Comment

Re: looking precreated website template

!!!! Don't use a template !!!! If you are lazy you do not belong in web dev.
                Case: Thermaltake Xaser III // Power Supply: Thermaltake Butterfly 480w // Motherboard: Chaintech 9CJS Zenith // Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 C // Heatsink: Vantec Aeroflow // Video Card: Asus 9600 XT // Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB // DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A06 // Soundcard: Audigy 2 // Speakers: Logitech Z-680's

Comment

Re: looking precreated website template

google => Tutorials + flash
                  Tutorials + templates
                  and so on...

Comment

Working...
                  X