Tweak website exposure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweak website exposure

OK. I've tried eveything I could possibly think of to get my site http://decentdownloads.freeservers.com exposed. Tags, search engine listings, banner exchanges, top lists, bulk mailings - what else can I do that's free? I've got a pitiful 2500 hits.
    Favourite Freeware Downloads

High Quality Wallpapers

You can pay people to look at your site i'm sure that'll work:laugh:

Comment

Well you could get rid of that nasty ass popup hell for starters..

Does "freeservers" ring a bell.. :barf:

Comment

p0pups sux0rz!

But I would suggest instead of me going and clicking on each category to go and see the description and pic etc of each program, maybe just one page with all the software listed.
        Some of us are on 56K and dont want to wait for unnneded images/pages to load

Comment

The loading times are probably due to banner ads at the bottom. But without those, I get less exposure. Catch 22 ! Will try rethink navigation. Thanks.

High Quality Wallpapers

Comment

Re: Tweak website exposure

Site doing very well now. About 1000 unique visitors daily. Entire site has had makeover and now has forum....look at signature.

High Quality Wallpapers

Comment

Your forum looks great. It does make a difference after extream make over.

Comment

Sure does :) We've moved twice already. Now at http://www.freedecentdownloads.com

High Quality Wallpapers

Comment

I dunno if its my comp but i clicked on forums and it was a blank page, im using firefox btw.

Comment

Free Software: The GNU Operating System
                    Welcome! - Free Software Foundation

Before you make a website about something, ensure you know what it is first...

"Freeware (from "free" and "software") is (...)"
                    "Proprietary software is any computer software with restrictions on use or private modification"

Freeware != Proprietary software.

What you've got is free proprietary software.

Free software -> "Think free speech, not free beer."
                    Open Source -> The source is open, implying you can look at it.

Read Why "open source" misses the point of Free Software by RMS.

Sorry if I come across as harsh but I disagree with your use of the word "freeware"
                    Current system:
                    - Intel Q8200 Processor (2.33GHz) (7x multi, roughly 340MHz FSB)
                    - Intel DG45ID Motherboard (stupid locked BIOS >:( )
                    - 6 GB DDR2 RAM (667MHz)
                    - PNY GeForce 9500GT (750MHz Core clock, 1900MHz Shader clock, 500MHz Memory clock)
                    -585GB SATA HDD (7200RPM)

Comment

LOL. You opinions and definitions may be important to you but coathanger007's website has been happily working for him since 2003. Comments directed to coathanger007 might be better recieved from links on his website as he has not posted here since 2006. Internet definitions tend to be more of a fluid thing than the old Websters definitions and change from year to year and forum to forum. I can hardly see where you opinion will (or should) change how Best Freeware Downloads operates or advertises.
                      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

You seem to have misinterpreted my post. I said that I disagreed with his use of the word "freeware". Never did I say he had to or should change it.
                        I even said I didn't mean to come across as harsh; did you read the whole post? Because I did.

Also, I didn't know he hadn't posted for three years.

Finally; sorry for replying after such a long time.
                        Current system:
                        - Intel Q8200 Processor (2.33GHz) (7x multi, roughly 340MHz FSB)
                        - Intel DG45ID Motherboard (stupid locked BIOS >:( )
                        - 6 GB DDR2 RAM (667MHz)
                        - PNY GeForce 9500GT (750MHz Core clock, 1900MHz Shader clock, 500MHz Memory clock)
                        -585GB SATA HDD (7200RPM)

Comment

Working...
                        X