Windows for workgroups 3.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows for workgroups 3.11

Anyone know where i can download/buy windows 3.11?

why would u want 3.11
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

There are several auctions on eBay ATM.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

A training PC (486/586 of course). ;)
        Here kids this is what we used to start with. :D

Comment

I just want it to play some of my really old games from way back when:)

Comment

I can't argue with that as my kids want my old 133 back so they can play some of the older games that won't run on these faster setups we have. ;)

Comment

There's games that need Win 3.11? I can understand using DOS, but shouldn't most 3.11 games run in 9x?

Comment

Support between Win 3.1 and Win95 was spotty, and any Windows newer would generally refuse to even recognize the old games. But Win 3.1 would give full access to both a general Windows based environment and DOS as well... and REAL DOS at that. Not some ****-eyed wannabe DOS that started with Win95. :laugh:

I think I may still have some games like that also, but they would be sitting in a box out back in my shed. I can't even recall the last time they saw daylight. :)
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

Good ol MS-Dos 6.22 ... I grew up with that. :)

Just out of curiosity, what games are you trying to run?

Comment

yeah - if wanna play games dos 6.22 is the way to go, you should be able to find boot disks with that on it

Comment

you haven't tried running the games thru winxp?

I've tried a few and they worked very nicely

Comment

I've got a few here that won't work on anything better than "Pentium" class PC's no matter if it's 3.11 or SE. ;)

Comment

I've got a whole bunch, some of them worked on winxp, but some of them didn't. I've got LodeRunner for win3.1, but it still works on xp. Syndicate doesn't though:-( Also hoping to play police quest 1+2, space quest 1, kings quest 1, and this "Super Speed" racing game (Similar to those old arcade racing games, where you have an aerial view of the entire track), and then some older ones like Captain Comic. I pretty much have a box of 3.5's that I'd have to go through to remember everything. Can't recall which ones I had problems with on win95, but a few of them gave me trouble.

Comment

Sounds like you only need DOS then. All the earlier * Quest games were DOS based, Captain Comic is definitely DOS based... Syndicate was too.

To make life easy, all you really need to do it either make a boot disk, or install MS-DOS 6.22 or similar on the PC.

Note: This site may interest you

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X