No announcement yet.

WinME Windows Protection Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that win98se is the absolutley best os to use when you do alot of gaming... Minimal set of drivers running in the background etc... Quite "light" to if you using a low end machine. But thats just my opinion... I've used it for a LONG time now and I have never EVER had any problems with it... :)

Comment

I for one will totally agree with you there and anyone who couldn't get it to run stablely was deffinately doin' something wrong. :thumb:

Comment

So true...

Comment

Which is why I never considered XP as an alternative. Win2k would get awful performance as well on that system. ME was working fine (until it bombed).

Comment

ME is a bomb.:thumbs do
            I'd rather run Windows 3.x than ME. I'd personally stick with 98, since it has less bloatware with it.

Comment

i found ME to be reasonable stable.... UNTIL at random it will deside to self destruct and will play up until you reinstall it/another OS.
              Also you have to watch the windows and restor folder size's, although you can disable restore, it has a bad habit of re-enableing it's self, and the windows folder has been known to go WELL ABOVE 500MB.

Comment

Working...
              X