need help no were to post it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help no were to post it

ok ive been having problems with my computer my smaller older computer so i desided to format and reinstall well even before i could reinstall it kept freezing up and crashing on me
    well i finaly got a fresh f-disk whitch i needed to do anyways.

well i tryed to install xp and i kept gitting a blue screen with a error 0x00000023 and i think that is a sound card thing well i striped everything out of the computer and put a diffrent vid card in it leftthe hdd cuz i dont have another one yet.

and i keep gitting the same messages
    but diffrent some times
    but still errors

so i desided to install windows 98 enstead just to get some thing working on it

well now i got threw the first reset of the computer while seting up and now it just keeps freezing and giveing me the blue screen that says a fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:c0046fa0 in vxd vfat(01) + 000057e4.
    and i have to restart

i need help badly any and all suggestions welcome

*note the only thing that i have not switchedout it the HDD i dont have a spaire of that thats the only thing .

thanks

:?:
    :confused:

What are the specs of the PC. :?:

Comment

This is as close as I could find to your problem using the MSKB. Hopefully it will help a little. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

VFAT (the path references a floppy disk drive, a hard disk, or an FTL-formatted Linear Flash PCMCIA card (Flash File System)

SYMPTOMS
      If the last two or more components in a path match MS-DOS device names, you may receive an error message on a blue screen similar to the following example:

A fatal exception 0E has occurred at (address) in VXD (FSD) + (address). The current application will be terminated.

* Press any key to terminate the current application. * Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

Press any key to continue
      NOTE : The VXD in question is a File System Driver (FSD) from the list in the "More Information" section of this article.

If you do not restart your computer at this point, subsequent blue screen error messages occur and the computer does not shut down properly. It may be necessary to interrupt power to the computer to reset it successfully.

Alternatively, if your computer has a large amount of memory (for example, 192 MB), the mouse pointer may be displayed as an hourglass over the taskbar and you may be unable to run additional programs. The computer eventually becomes unresponsive to mouse and keyboard input.

CAUSE
      MS-DOS device names are reserved words and cannot be used as folder or file names. When parsing a reference to a file or folder, Windows correctly checks for the case in which a single MS-DOS device name is used in the path, and treats it as invalid. However, Windows does not check for the case in which the path includes multiple MS-DOS device names. When Windows attempts to interpret the device name as a file resource, it performs an illegal resource access operation that usually results in the computer becoming unresponsive.

Because you cannot create files or folders that contain MS-DOS device names, it is unusual for a user to try to gain access to one under normal circumstances. The chief threat posed by this vulnerability is that a malicious user can entice a user to attempt such an access. For example, if a Web site operator hosts a hyperlink that references such a path, when the user clicks the link, the computer may hang. Likewise, a Web page or HTML e-mail message that specifies a local file as the source of rendering information can cause the user's computer to hang when it is displayed. If this happens, you can put the computer back into normal service by restarting it.

RESOLUTION
      A supported fix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem described in this article and should be applied only to systems experiencing this specific problem.

To resolve this problem immediately, download the fix as instructed below or contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information on support costs, please go to the following address on the World Wide Web:

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

NOTE : In special cases, charges that are normally incurred for support calls may be canceled, if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. Normal support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Looking down the page a bit, I noticed some sort of a downloadable fix. Hit up the Microsoft Knowledge Base and punch in article code Q256015 to get this page of info.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

heres the computer im talking about

Amd k6-2 550
          gygbit GA-5AX
          256mb pc133
          20 gig WD HD
          50x cd
          windows xp pro 2600 build

excpet it now has only 128mb pc133
          and a 800mb hdd
          and im trying to run win 98se

since i cant get xp pro back on that computer for anything

i currently have no os on the computer since i cant get threw a install of eather os i have

the only thing that has not changed in this computer is the MB and cpu and powersuply

how would i instal the fix on that computer since theres no OS on it?
          this problem has been haunting me for almost 2 weeks now.

i was realy hoping that i could get any OS on it

Comment

Working...
          X