No announcement yet.

whats the best OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to add a bit of fire.... BeOS is the best OS, or at least it was 'til Be Inc. went belly up...

Pete

Comment

I had a machine running BeOS once, pretty nice

Comment

BeOS is great, everything happens pretty much immediately, you can play multiple movie/sound files all at the same time, task switching happens when you click not 5mins after....

By the way I'm running a P3 450 with 320mb of ram and XP is really slow. I'm thinking of going back to 98 now. I tried a few things in TweekXP and it hasn't really helped, anyone know of a way to kickstrat XP into working faster?

Pete

Comment

Have ya turned off all the "eye candy" effects? If not do so thru the system properties/ advanced/performance then settings and change the settings to "Adjust for best performance" as once this was done my K6-3+450@560 flies. ;)

Comment

Turned off some through TweekXP but I'll try that thanks...

Pete

Comment

Looks like XP is the winner here !
              <!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
              <P ALIGN=CENTER>
              <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
              </script>
              </P>
              <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Comment

Win2k By FAR! :D

Comment

win 2k

or linux

Comment

Re: whats the best OS

Who dugg this up? Vista anyone?

Comment

I m using windows Xp.Its really fine.

Comment

I use Windows Xp. It is very user friendly. Windows XP gives you the freedom to do what you want at home and at work—simply, reliably, and more securely.

Comment

I hate when trash is dug up from years ago. XP is for the weak and Vista is for anyone looking towards the future.
                          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                          Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                          Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                          Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                          PC P&C 500W PSU
                          2TB Seagate
                          Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

I would tend to disagree. I have a dual boot system set up as my primary at the house and I tend to use XP far more often than Vista, but to each his own. I tend to think of Vista as XPME. I'm hoping they do better next time around.
                            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                            My Toys

Comment

For me, the major difference is the hardware run with Vista. I have always had issues with Vista and AMD while no problems with Intel and Vista. I also feel that trying to run Vista on anything older than 1 year is going to end up in a headache. Vista is no ME. M$ won't let that happen and considering we'll be lucky to see their next OS even hit beta by 2011, it's here to stay for awhile. I would never suggest anyone happy with XP to upgrade to Vista, but also would never suggest buying a new copy of XP for a new computer build. I would also say that Vista should have never been released in 32 bit form. Time to push the world to 64 bit so we can use these damn 64 bit parts properly.
                              GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                              AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                              Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
                              Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
                              Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
                              PC P&C 500W PSU
                              2TB Seagate
                              Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Sorry but for ever one person that doesn't think that Vista isn't another ME, there are 15 that think otherwise.

I'm one of those 15 and the only reason that I have a Vista PC is so I can trouble shoot other peoples problems but other than that I'll stick with XP on my personal PC's as Vista is just an over bloated (Re; popular MEssII label) piece of wares and trying to move large files over a network is absolutely rediculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X