X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need helps about redhat

hello all...

i hot some troubles...
    a few days before, i got two kind of ReDHAT...
    one is called ReDHAT8 which has 3 disks, and another has 5 disks, and i dont know the version, and i am not sure which is better... any comment or suggestions?

the 5 disks one has nearly 630M for one...

pls give me hand!! thanks in advance...
    thanks for any input!
    any help would b appreciated!!

Well Redhat 9.0 and 8.0 both have 5 total disks. You only really need three though. I recommend booting the first disk of which one, and seeing what version it is :O)

Comment

thanks for the comment!!! i am gonna do it right now!!!
      b right back!!:eek:

Comment

is that a joke or do you really have windows server 2003 for an os?

Comment

No it's not a joke. Windows 2003 Server is the best M$ OS I have used ever! It is the fastest, most stable, and most secure OOTB. After some tweaking it basically turns into Windows 2003 Professional. I use it as a gaming box/mp3's whatever. You may find it hard to belive, but it's like XP Pro mixed with Windows 2000 Server :thumb: PM me if you have any more questions

Comment

Intresting.... You use windows 2003 standard edittion for games and mp3's ?

Kinda not my box of nails for me.

I have windows 2003 enterprise and windows 2003 gold server edition with 25 licence each.

I run servers and i only use xp pro to play games, windows 2003 i would say is not great for games, but it is stable for running security and managing your buisness, I dont know im not hating so chill if you get al pissy on this, but i just think that if you are going to use a 2003 server ( real copy, and if you say it is a real copy why pay that much for just gaming and music ? ) , you should use it how its supose to be used :D

But like i said if you love it then go for it

Cheers

Heritik Steve

Comment

i completed the download of redhat 9.0 three ISO's right now.
              i want to know that what else will i need to install? any other ISO's?

wat are those 3 ISO's of source RPM's? will i require them? do they have any softwares that i might find useful later? should i download the documentation ISO's?

does redhat comes with softwares like Open Office or any other useful stuff that comes with mandrake? which one should i go with? red hat or mandrake? what do you guys think

please guys help this n00b :)
              Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
              Last Updated:
              10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
              ======================
              jabber : [email protected]
              =======================
              Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
              yabaa dabaa doo...
              Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Naw bro, I'm not gonna get pised just b/c you look at an OS differently than I do... *grabs the GTA: VC baseball bat...* Lol seriously though look @ linux. That's designed for servers, and it makes the BEST game OS. Don't believe me? Grab the latest Gentoo gaming CD w/ ut2003. Just pop it in, reboot your comp, and it autodetects everything, and launches in a very short time. It is almost 100% gauranteed to give you better FPS than nativly in an M$ OS. SERVER OS BIZNATCH!!! lol no, I'm just kidding. But I play CS, DoD, and GTA: VC on Windows Server 2003, and they run well. Once tweaked a little it is the ultimate windows operating system IMHO. Here's some :blah: of why it's better:

1. Fastest defrag I have EVER used! I used Dklite, and it is even faster than that. My box usually defrags in <2 minutes. Sometimes even under 1 minute.

2. Fastest M$ OS. That's right raw speed folks. Faster than XP, as it's not as bloated w/ ****.

3. Most stable microsoft operating system ever! It's a Server OS, it's supposed to be!

4. Most secure OOTB windows OS to date. (Can't debate this as it is :)

5. Less pre-loaded crap!

If the fastest, more stable, and most secure windows operating system doesn't sound good... Then I don't know what does.

(Lol a little *****y eh? Just my :2cents: )

Comment

Working...
                X