Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache, PHP, MySQL on LINUX Mandrake 8.1

Hi p33ps :)

I am currently running a small LAN (www.nslan.com - Perth, Western Australia). I was wondering if some could plz help me setup the following on Linux :::

Apache
    MySQL
    PHP
    Perl

I have download all the latest versions of the files from all the sites.... So if u can help me just post a msg here or ICQ me 130639855

Thanx I have to have this done in 4days so if you can help me it would be glady apperiacted :D

Is it possible for ppl on the network to be able to open there broswers and type http://nslan/ to get the site on the server there will be also stats from CS servers etc etc

Nathan :) Hampster

Cheers :cheers:

there is a great config tool for those programs in linux called Webmin... I use it to config my linux servers. to see if you have it already ( some distro's install it by default) point you browser in linus to https://localhost:10000

Hope this helps... If you do not have Webmin you can get it from www.freshmeat.com

Comment

Webmin is good and for MySql phpMyAdmin is a good web based admin tool.
      p-two.net

Comment

thanx Bern I was trying to remember another good admin tool

Comment

If you do a search on freshmeat you'll find a ****e load of admin tools.
          p-two.net

Comment

I am looking for something that will install all the latest versions of:::::

Apache
            Perl
            PHP
            MySQL

????????

Hampster

Comment

Originally posted by hampster
              [B]I am looking for something that will install all the latest versions of:::::

Apache
              Perl
              PHP
              MySQL
              That something will have to be you. Start with apache and don't forget to compile in mod_php and mod_perl.
              p-two.net

Comment

Yeh man that is the thing i don't know how to install it all i need help :)

Hampster

:cheers: cheers :D

Comment

What distro do you use?
                  p-two.net

Comment

Tell 'em hampster, isn't it Man 8.1??

Comment

D'OH!
                      p-two.net

Comment

Yeh it is Mandrake 8.1 so how do I do it Bern?

Hampster {O_o}

Comment

With mandrake the best way to go about the install would be by using rpm's. The ones in cooker will be the most up to date, or, you could update by booting the mandrake install cd and choose the server packages and then use urpmi to update. It's important to have all your server software up to date to keep on top of the security issues.
                          p-two.net

Comment

yeh this server is just for LANs... I need something simple... Maybe when Mandrake 8.2 comes out :)

Comment

nusphere mysql was meant to incorporate all that into one package, however i think they charge for it now ?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X