java plug in problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java plug in problem

i was looking at sites with my old computer, then i came aross the site that need a java plug in. first,,they say i can install it in a site, but the,, they say error in the download. So, i went to the java site, and downloaded the RPM file. Iwent to my gmone terminal, and did this

rpm a+x (the file name)-i586-rpm.bin
    $./ (file name)

then,,it did the do u agree stuff.. so far so good.. then i went to my root

$su

password

then i typed in the new extracted file

# (file)

now here was the problem,,nothing HAPPENED!!!! how do i download and install this!~~~~~~~~~~~!!

The bin file that was in the rpm is a installer, when you said yes to the license it installed to your home directory, copy the bin to /usr/lib and run it there (as root) to install, then delete the bin file.
    p-two.net

Comment

k, i am still confused

i went to my /usr/java place and saw i had both the j2re1.4.1 file and the j2rdk1.4.1 file too. then i open the j2re1.41. and saw a lot of stuff,, and i saw a LIB file,and opened it,,and it had like 32 files.. so,,i thought i intsalled the plug in. I tried a progam on line, and they said I NEED TO INSTALL THE PLUG IN!!!,, AHHHH,,wat have i done wrong this time.

can bern,or other linux users, tell me how to install the plug in step by step,including the commands?? that would help billons. O, and i use red hat 7.3 and use the gmome termianal.

thanks,i really need the plug in to play my online games..

Comment

First tell me the full path to your java directory and show me the contents of that directory with the "ls -al" command, then tell me all about the browser you need the plugin for including the full path to where it's installed.
        p-two.net

Comment

k,i typed the ls -al,, and i had a hole type of commands.... k,,i think i will restart the whole installing thing.

can u tell me what to get??? i need a plug in so i can play www.runescape.com

i use mozilla

Comment

You have the plugin, it's just not configured yet.
            p-two.net

Comment

so how do u config it?? i have the LIB file and the plugin files in my /usr/java..

what ar the steps??

thanks bern:thumb:

Comment

Working...
              X