Unistallation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unistallation

Is it possible to un-install linux and its LILO bootloader as well?

uninstall linux? whatever for?
    :)

Its as easy as nuking the partition(s) from the disk.

As for LILO, depends on where you put lilo. if its in the MBR, then installing windows will overwrite it.
    else fdisk /mbr will do the trick.

pretty sure lilo has an option that lets you uninstall it. try man lilo.

Comment

Anything is possible but why would you want to :confused:
      Linux is addicticive :thumb: Once you install it and use it for a while you will become hooked :p Setup your choice of Linux on a partition and try it. When and if you find Linux to difficult go back to windows for awhile. I guarantee you will find yourself
      going back to Linux more and more:thumb:
      <!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
      <P ALIGN=CENTER>
      <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
      </script>
      </P>
      <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Comment

So is that why you've been so absent from here of late dd? Not enough time now for pr0n or do we miss out? :?:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

The reason I want to uninstall it is:

I finally got it installed and working and then spent a day trying to get the net to work. I finally got it working and started searching for an IM program that integrates MSN. I spend 3 long hours trying to find one that works with no avail. The next day I came back and the net wasn't working again so I cracked the ****s and went back to windows.

Comment

What a GAIM excuse for giving up on linux.

You could try running Trillian via WINE. You wont have much luck with Trillian Pro, but .74 runs well with some moderate tweaking/luck/coffee/profanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
              So is that why you've been so absent from here of late dd? Not enough time now for pr0n or do we miss out? :?:
              Cut way back on the prOn Trying to be Clean Dog for a while ;)
              <!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
              <P ALIGN=CENTER>
              <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
              </script>
              </P>
              <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Comment

Ahhh.... okies. (This I've gotta see) :laugh:

So seein' as I slightly re-arranged ya sig (sorry but it was a tad long/tall : peace2: ), do ya want me to change ya name too? :?:

Comment

Working...
                X