No announcement yet.

pegas.usb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FrodgE......try doing "rpm -rebuild" with ONE dash....
    p-two.net

Comment

One dash, ok. I've only been doing two 'cas that what the instructions said ! I'll give that a go.

Thanks.

Comment

You might be surprised....doing --rebuild is enough to throw an error because the correct syntax is -rebuild
        one dash is correct, two dashes will give an error, remember, case sensitive is not just about capitals, its about matching everything.
        p-two.net

Comment

if you
          # updatedb
          (this will update the locate command)
          then
          # locate slmdm | less
          ( this will find all instances of the slmdm and show the version)

you will see weather or not you have it installed..
          the file not found error is irrelivanT (I can see from ur screen shot that you DO have it) if you do not have the rpm installed.
          -unfortunatly i am @ work and do not have a linux box available to check this out on i will see when i get home.

if you think that the rpm is corrupt do this (and you think you installed it):

rpm -e (filename)

if you do a locate and find that you have a earlier version of slmdm then upgrade it

rpm -Uvh (filename)

sorry if i was not clear earlier.
          loopy:wave:

Comment

lol, that's ok I wasn't clear either... and I didn't realise there were more posts on the next page, doh ! Oh well, now that I've realised that I've editted my prevous post so it makes more sense. No offence Bern, I ain't about to doubt ya !

Us bloody newbies are pretty painful huh ?! I'll get there eventually, I hope.

:snip:

Comment

hey no worries.. i am still a newb as well.. eheh i just got interested in linux when my work wanted me to learn it.. Now i cannot wait for my tribes 2 for linux to come in so i can totally switch over.@!!!!

Comment

I wanna give quake 3 a go to see how it runs compared with windows. Although I think my video drivers are in need of some serrious work, tuxracer was slow and jery as (not playable).

I'll do those later, hopefully it'll be much easier !

Comment

when i was play q3 wfa the switch from window to linux gave me a +15 fps.. but there is an issue when ppl join the server you get a slight lag spike for a half sec.. that is the only thing that sucks.. but have fun.. .

Comment

I get about 70fps in q3a at 1024x768x32 with a GeForce 2 mx 400 and all the eye candy turned on.
                    p-two.net

Comment

i think i was up to a steady 130 (maybe it was 140) with a GF2GTS
                      hehehehe

Comment

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, stupid thing ! It won't work with one dash or two... now what ????

Is there another way to rebuild & install rpm files ???
                        :?:

Comment

Try reinstalling al the rpm rpm's....rebuild should rebuild a src rpm against your system. I'd be downloading the latest version of rpm and all its related tools to see if that fixes it. Is rpm giving any error messages when you do "rpm -rebuild *.rpm"
                          p-two.net

Comment

it just sits there and complains that it can't find the file (just like the screen shot). If I do other rpm commands it (from memory) doesn't complain (doesn't seem to do anything either). Is rpm a seperate program that can be re-installed ??

Comment

Do 'ls -al" in /try two and post a screenie of the resault.
                              p-two.net

Comment

ok, like this then ?!

Hmmm, so what is this telling us ? Also, I checked out the man page for rpm and it agrees with the other documention I've come across that says the rebuild switch requires TWO dashes. Not that it matters, neither seem to work !

Comment

Working...
                                X