Module Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Module Help Please

I just installed the nvidia linux drivers, It went beutifully. The only problem is that the agpgart module isn't loading at boot. And this is giving me slower performance in X. I can however load the module with lsmod and it's fine. My question is, How do I make a module load at boot?

PS. This is my first post from linux.

does adding it in /etc/rc.d/rc.modules sound right?

Comment

You can put Option "NvAGP" "2" in the graphics device section of your X config to force use of agpgart over nvagp, see APPENDIX D of the nvidia README file (in the glx package) for all the details.
      p-two.net

Comment

It's not the fact that nvagp was being used instead of agpgart. It's the fact that agpgart wasn't loading at bootup. I would get slower performance in X without it. But I added it in /etc/rd.modules. Now it loas at boot. The nvidia drivers are installed and working right. When I startx, I get the nvidia screen. X loads, and all is fine. I even get pretty awesome performance in Quake3.

Later

Comment

Just wondering...you using Wine under X to run Q3 and other games? (im just looking thru all the options of how to get games to run under linux)
          At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Actually I don't have Wine installed. I have Quake 3 running fully in linux. It's also possible to do the Return To Castle Wolfenstein Multiplayer, but I havn't yet. Here's the information on how to do it, it's really easy

http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/linux/

Later

Comment

I've got native linux Q3A, UT and RTCW running here.
              p-two.net

Comment

Would you post the information or a link on how to install UT? Also, do you know if it's possible to get the original Soldier of Fortune running in Linux? What about SoF2?

Comment

UT is the same as Q3A, you dowload the linux point release (436 I think), mount your windows cd, run the point release binary and it installs the game to your hard drive. I know that there was a linux port of SoF but I don't know about SoF2
                  p-two.net

Comment

Nice, I'll check that out. I tell ya, ever since I got X running, my Window machine hasn't been turned on at all. Linux just runs so much better, without the BS.

Later

Comment

Working...
                    X