Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!!!

hey guys and gals,

I just got Mandrake 8.1 and installed on my workstation at work to act as a monitor box. I have used linux distro's for many years and I am fairly good. The problem I am having though is when I setup networking and try to connect to our Windows 2000 Domain (like this : smb://SERVER.IMS-Loxley) it just hangs. And the Mandrake box does not appear in Entire Network on any of the windoze box's. What am I doing wrong?

using windows..

--sorry could not help myself..

Comment

Yeah we are using windows domain... We had a multi-million dollar Windows network in place before I become the Administrator. I am however making plans to switch to HP-Unix

Comment

Have you got samba installed on the mandrake box?
        p-two.net

Comment

Originally posted by ne0z
          Yeah we are using windows domain... We had a multi-million dollar Windows network in place before I become the Administrator. I am however making plans to switch to HP-Unix
          HP-UX is pretty damn super stable.. Especially the N2000 architechture which pretty much has redundant everything..:D

Comment

yes I do have Samba installed it is version 2.2.1a I like it more than 2.2.2 for stability reasons. I have went over the smb.conf file time after time and I can not find anything wrong.

Comment

Might it be an eth0 problem then?
              p-two.net

Comment

well guys I got it to work, it was an authentication problem on our domain server so I switched to share level auth. Now every machine works except for the new WinXP boxes in accounting.

Comment

Working...
                X