Clearing CMOS on old 486 MB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing CMOS on old 486 MB's

Hello - I am a first time poster here, a friend of mine has an old computer. The only thing readable is "486-VC-H" and it has Via chipsets.

There is no visible cmos jumper or battery visible on the board, I haven't seen the board but I have told him that some old MB's have permanently mounted batteries that may look like a chip or small block.

The question is, how does he clear the cmos? There is no jumper so does he jump pins on the cmos itself or what?

Thankyou in advance.

I always go into the BIOS and just set defaults. ;)
    Very few of those old boards that I know of have a way of clearing it. :smokin:
    <center></center>

Comment

thanks Wiggo! Do you need the motherboards books for that or can you just reset defaults like the newer motherboard Bios's?

Comment

If you go to wims bios page you can id most M/B by the bios string.
        p-two.net

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
          bowhunter[/size]]
          thanks Wiggo! Do you need the motherboards books for that or can you just reset defaults like the newer motherboard Bios's?
          Pretty much the same but remember to record things such as the HHD details and anything else you may need to put back into the BIOS before ya do it though as most of that stuff won't be PnP. ;)
          <center></center>

Comment

Working...
          X