Open Office.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Office.

Open Office have released build 641b. I've been using build 638c for a while and I'm impressed with its performance, especially the printer intergration with linux, something I had problems with when I tried out Star Office 6.0 beta. I think this might be a serious challenge to MS office one day.
    p-two.net

Yeah I am having been using Staroffice 6 beta on my Linux box for sometime and I love it. If they release a few more appz for Linux/unix I will switch totally.

Comment

I had problems with my printer and the star office 6 beta, printing from star worked but it broke printing from KDE. I don't get that with open office.
      p-two.net

Comment

what kind of printer is it? I am using a LaserJet 2100 Series and mine is fine, although it does print one page at the beginning blank with a heart at the top

Comment

I've got a HP deskjet 810c running on USB.
          p-two.net

Comment

Well if you are using Mandrake 8.1 by any chance the USB is broken at the moment. You can however revert back to a older kernel or run a custom kernel

Comment

I use slackware, highly customised with the latest kernel.
              p-two.net

Comment

oh well I don't know then... Maybe it is a mobo problem with slackware?

Comment

No, the printer worked fine before I installed the star office beta and it works fine with open office, it was only when I was trying star office that I had problems.
                  p-two.net

Comment

oh... well good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X