Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• msn messanger 4 linux?????

Hay guys, im a brand new linux user , and just put on mandrake 9.2,

thinks seem 2 b goin great but theres 1 point that realy bugs me, in windows i was a frequent msn messanger user, and i cant seem 2 get gaim 2 work @ all, just fails when it sends user name an i get u have been disconected message.
    any 1 got any great ideas , thanks guys. :D

Update GAIM, theres some patches that need installing

Comment

better thing to do would probably be to uninstall gaim and install the latest version fresh

you can get it and more info here: http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

Comment

thanks guys works a charm

Comment

Just adding something to this thread...

If all you need is MSN on Linux, I personally recommend getting the latest version of AMSN. It looks and behaves very similar to the Windows client, only it has the cutest fat peguin waddling when logging in.

The URL for it is:

http://amsn.sourceforge.net

Warning: You might need to download the latest version of Tcl/Tk in order to get it to run.

Comment

when i am in linux, i use amsn (as above) and it works a treat!
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

I use kmess.
              p-two.net

Comment

Re: msn messanger 4 linux?????

i am using Red Hat Linux 8.0 and I really need MSN Messenger for it. Please help as soon as possible.

Comment

Get GAIM from my signature or from any of the posted links above. Did you really need to be told that?

Comment

Originally posted by solid_snake992
                    i am using Red Hat Linux 8.0 and I really need MSN Messenger for it. Please help as soon as possible.
                    i think at this point it may be more important for you update your distro. Red Hat 8.0 is extremely outdated and wasn't even a very good distro when it was new. If you actually like Red Hat I would suggest using the latest Fedora, which is an up-to-date non-commercial version of Red Hat

I think you'll find that your Linux experience is much more enjoyable once you upgrade.

and as Yawgm0th so brazenly pointed out, there are several MSN Mess compatible clients listed above with excellent installation directions on their accompanying sites

Comment

Working...
                    X