HMPH! Bugger slackware for now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMPH! Bugger slackware for now...

very new to linux (only know a few basic cmds)...done a bad thing, started off with slackware...its bloody hard & i reckon bern's prolly gettin a bit pissed with me askin so many question, lol...so ive decided, bugger slackware, ill go back to something easier...do u reckon RedHat would be fine to start off with or is there some other better/more secure distro? :thumb:
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Mandrake is suppose to be the most user friendly for newbies. ;)
    That's what I plan on tryin'. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yup, the drake is the perfect distro to begin with.

Comment

From my own journeys around the web, I would have to say that Mandrake and Red Hat are probably by far the 2 most documented distributions out there. I think there is probably a lot to be said for the advantage that has for a newbie.

This SuSE is kicking my a$$ still, but not ready to give up yet.
        I surely could use a copy of SuSE for idiots though.
        The struggle has paid off some, there are some powerful tools in that distro that I truly appreciate.

But in all honesty, I truly feel that the Mozilla and Netscape browser that came with it can't even hold a candle to IE. That's a shame, as I do surf quite a bit for online help and news concerning Linux. Quite a hindrance really to fully incorporating Linux as my primary OS.
        Right now I would say MS is still going to be my heavy-hitter. But I do hope to learn more of the "darkside" and be able to get a lot more done with it.
        Some days I just have more patience than I do on others:D
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Mandrake 8.2 final is due out any day now.
          p-two.net

Comment

Originally posted by Bern
            Mandrake 8.2 final is due out any day now.
            Final????
            The only time an OS is final is when it is abandoned by the developer!

Windows 95 is final!
            The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

I can't d/l mandrake, they want me to pay :mad:

Comment

Send me three blank cd's in a postpack with some stamps to the same value and I'll download drake 8.1 and post it back.
                p-two.net

Comment

bern, reckon if i send u a cd or two (depends on how many is needed) u could put mdrake 8.2 on it? please :)
                  At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Sure Grim, as soon as the final is up on the telstra servers I'll let you know how many cd's to send :)
                    p-two.net

Comment

Look at my post here... It has a few Distros that might help ya...

http://www.tweaktown.com/vbulletin/s...&threadid=1548

Comment

Mandrake 8.2 is out, read the release here., as soon as it's on the telstra mirror I'll download it.
                        p-two.net

Comment

Working...
                        X