Need help downloading Mandrake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help downloading Mandrake

I was wondering if someone knew of a good site that I can download Mandrake. I am on a cable modem.

OR if someone would be so gracious enough if they had 9.2 to mail it to me for a trade for a game or something.

Also, what program is good so if I get dropped it will resume where it left off>

Thanks guys. Finally going to get linux going after all these years!

IF anybody has any books they would like to sell(reasonable) or trade(better) I REALLY like reading, learning and using it for reference.

Thanks,
    Chez :cheers:

I was wondering if someone knew of a good site that I can download Mandrake. I am on a cable modem.
    there is a huge list available here
    http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ftp.php3
    OR if someone would be so gracious enough if they had 9.2 to mail it to me for a trade for a game or something.
    9.2 will be available for download at the end of the month. imo you should wait till then
    Also, what program is good so if I get dropped it will resume where it left off>
    Linux is another name of choice. you will have kget, prozilla, D4X, wget (my personal fav) and many more at your service.
    [EDIT]if you are talking about a windows program then try GetRight [/EDIT]
    Thanks guys. Finally going to get linux going after all these years!
    you will love it!!! :D
    IF anybody has any books they would like to sell(reasonable) or trade(better) I REALLY like reading, learning and using it for reference.
    forget about books. just dive head first and enjoy.
    reference? here you go http://www.google.com/linux :devil win
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Try this site: http://www.linuxiso.org/

Or you can email me ([email protected]) your snail mail address and I'll send you my three CDs of Redhat Shrike. I'm sure what version it is but I downloaded it and burned the CDs about a month ago.

I tried it and couldn't get into it. I liked it but I guess I'm just too darn used to Window$...

:cheers:

Comment

askelopios.

9.2 is already for download.

I posted under your thread where you said it was. I already said it was.

I was just got disonnected while downloading it and was looking for a better site, and a prog that would start where I left off when that happened.

Don't be stealing my news broooo. :shoot3:

Just kidding.

Chez

PS You can forget about books. I won't. Thats why I was making 70k a year tax free in Tokyo the last 5 years. Going on vacation, driving Ferrari's, bought a Rolex and partied like a rock star. (got pics too. ;)

Comment

Sorry, guess I should have read the other new posts.

Guess asklepios was posting at the same time...

Now I guess I'll have to try 9.2

Comment

First of all i am not stealing your news. i knew that Mandrake 9.2 is final for like last 15 days. visit their IRC channel #mandrake on irc.freenode.net and you will learn what is happening in Linux community on regular basis :)
            secondly, go to their official website http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/ and you will know what i am talking about. in anycase i don't like d/ling from unofficial sources. we had a thread regarding a user getting hacked while doing so. so imo you should always wait till ISOs are available on "official" mirrors but then its exciting to have cutting edge technology at your hand. do give me a review of MDK 9.2 while i wait
            Last Updated:
            10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
            ======================
            =======================
            yabaa dabaa doo...
            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I was just saying that I just posted that it was out. And that I was kidding for stealing the news.
              You sound a little uptight about it. I was just kiddin' around, having a little fun.
              I know you keep up on the news and all that stuff. I sure the heck don't as much.
              Thanks for the info on the unofficial and official. Thats why I asked the question, cause I don't know the good download sites and all.
              I didn't even know it was the latest and greatest. I saw that version 9.1 was available, then I found version 9.2 and said "hmmmm, that one is probably a better one to download, and its not a beta

I'll wait for Minibubba's pm back to me so nobody gets a little hot under the collar for jokin' around...

And if you are looking for a review, I would follow your advice and wait for the "official" one... ;)

Chez:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Chezman29

I was just saying that I just posted that it was out. And that I was kidding for stealing the news.
                guess i have given a wrong impression regarding that stealing the news thingie eh?
                i really didn't mind u saying anything like that and i got that u were joking. i was just making myself clear and no i m not getting hot under collar. jokes are always welcome.
                it was just a misunderstanding :cheers: : peace2:
                Last Updated:
                10th MARCH

======================
                =======================
                yabaa dabaa doo...
                Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
                X