Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until a few months ago....
    98SE\XP Pro\RH9

Had to reformat because of stupid XP and now I don't have space to reinstall. Instead I have been messing with a few Knoppix variations. Beats 98SE by about half an hour in Seti and beats XP Pro by about an hour. I imagine RH9 is slow, it seems that it's mainly intended to provide a friendly UI for new Linux users. I kind of miss it though, can't do much of anything without using the terminal in the Knoppix I'm using. :(

Comment

I've been dual booting MDK 9.2 and WinXP pro for about a month. If it weren't for games, I probably wouldnt even log into xp.

Comment

I am currently Running Win98 se and Linux Suse 8.0 and as a first time linux user I will say that I'm overwhelmed and very impresed. Can't wait to get a better connection and start Dling the free distros. :thumb

I know alot of peeps that use Xp and say that its the best Gui ever, but Kde and Gnome puts Xp backrounds and themes to eternal Shame :devilwin

Comment

Suse 9.0 and Wine Rack included.
          Suse 9.1 will take over as soon as I get my hands on it. Prolly will use it as my only primary os then.

Comment

I'm runnin' mdk 9.2 and win xp pro on two separate hd... it caused some difficulties in the biginning cause i'm usin a normal ide hd of 40GB for linux and a s-ata 80GB hd for windows..wouldn't boot and all that crap...:(

Linux is great, more efficient and kde is a wonderfull graphical environment couse it's natural gift of being easely customizable....
            linux revolutionises the whole concept of software.....it's free!!!! as all the soft around it!

Comment

I am running MDK 9.2 with XP as my main OS

I like my MDK because I am using Fluxbox as the window manager. Very minimalistic, no icons, no start menu, no nothing, only way to get to a program is to right click on the desktop to access a menu. Takes some getting used to.

Although I have been thinking of going to Gentoo...any recommendations on the level I should install?

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalDD
                Andy: Thanks..

I've posted my setup before in another poll so anyone interested can look here:
                http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...threadid=13267
                DD the link doesnt work mate

Comment

Well on my AMD computer I have Windows 98SE (the best Windows ever in my opinion, but XP is pretty nice) on my Pentium 4 computer I have Windows XP Home and I love that, and at school (me and school computer guy are close, always working on computers) I have a Pentium III running Linspire. Well I have to admit that Linux is great, but Linspire I do not like at all. Actually we (me and computer guy) were thinking about installing Linux on all the computers at school (!!). Go Linux!

Comment

Re: Who runs Linux?

Winxp pro on one machine (my main gaming one that i am using now) and Mandrake 9.2 on my old file server machine thing.

Comment

I used to run mandrake but now im just running xp home

Comment

I was dual booting WINXP and Redhat 9.0, but I also use VMWARE to boot into Knoppix when I need to run linux without exiting windows.

Comment

Slackware on my desktop. Mandrake on my notebook.

No windows, not here.

Comment

I voted linux in another combination, in that i use it when in school and for private home use, but it's a primary OS on a seperate machine, but not my primary machine during most times, but sometimes it is... so yeah, that's my answer

Comment

dual boot. linux is not primary.

Comment

I also Dual Boot:
                                Windows XP Pro - default
                                Fedora Core 4

I am just now learning the basics of linux, and if anyone could recommend any other good distributions, I would appreciate that.

-zwqg1985

Comment

Working...
                                X