This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3DMark06 scores

LOL!!! My bad. Most of the scores on the ORB are 1280X1024 as that is the default setting. Even @ the lower settings the scores are not the much better. And yes, I also agree that benchmark scores are just for status. I used to place more importance on benchmarks, but I am tired of killing parts for scores and I also geared my PC towards gaming now.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

the lowest frames were 18...and i didnt mean to "bash" your system or price. i was just happy i found a computer that can hold up with an uber-expensive machine, that is all. i know your frames might have been a little bit higher, but oh well.

Comment

my rig is in my sig, and i paid 1238 bucks all together, i hear about it evewry day from my wife.

Comment

if its not a dual core, why would you have 2 l2 cache then?>>??>

Comment

It is not a pentium dual core extreme edition. it is the regular dual core. The extreme edition I believe has more front side bus.
            Last edited by thulkkonen; 05-12-2006, 02:44 AM.

Comment

have you checked out the thermaltake bigwater systems for cooling that hot penty?? they work good. i can game for about 8 hours, and it never hits 36c. not bad? it should be able to wonders on that pentium. and it will fit in your case too.

Comment

I was looking at the Bigwater 745. I still am not sure on if I want to liquid cool it yet. Seems like too big of a hastle to keep remembering to refill the coolant.

Comment

Originally posted by thulkkonen
                  I was looking at the Bigwater 745. I still am not sure on if I want to liquid cool it yet. Seems like too big of a hastle to keep remembering to refill the coolant.
                  If you have to keep refilling the coolant you are doing something very very wrong. Ware cooling loops are sealed and need almost no maintainence at all. Buying a kit is pointless as it is only as good as good air cooling, but you have some serious misconceptions about water cooling.
                  GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                  AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                  PC P&C 500W PSU
                  2TB Seagate

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
                    If you have to keep refilling the coolant you are doing something very very wrong. Ware cooling loops are sealed and need almost no maintainence at all. Buying a kit is pointless as it is only as good as good air cooling, but you have some serious misconceptions about water cooling.
                    ummm, I never claimed to know alot about water cooling a computer. Give me a car and I can do anything on them. I was asking merely for peoples opinions. I dont know where you think I have some serious misconceptions about it. I already admitted not knowing about it.

Comment

Anyone that tells you that you need to constantly refill a water cooling system is wrong. I have been running water cooling for a few years and have never needed to add a drop to any of my systems. It is a simple system and you don't deal with the pressures like in a car. Custom watercooling kits are better and those kits are almost worthless. You never said you knew nothing, you only said it was a pain to keep filling it. I would be more than happy to offer any advice I could on a proper water loop that you would love to run. My temps dropped over 12C load and my PC is sooo much quieter than when I was running air cooling.
                      GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                      AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                      PC P&C 500W PSU
                      2TB Seagate

Comment

3dmark06 scores:

4347 3dmarks
                        sm2.0 score 2298
                        hdr/sm 3.0 score 2226
                        cpu score 752

Comment

Man i should have bought the x1600xt over my x800gto2. I got a 2281 with my processor a 2.6ghz and video card at 570/600. Damn pixelshaders

CPU SCORE : 1024
                          SM 2.0 SCORE : 1194
                          sm3.0 score N/A

Comment

8748 on default 1280X1024 resolution. I refuse to buy these programs to run a lower resolution.

9K coming soon as that run was @ 2.8GHz and there is alittle left in the reserve tank. Just wish this motherboard could clock higher and be stable as my CPU can go much higher.
                            GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                            AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                            PC P&C 500W PSU
                            2TB Seagate

Comment

Originally posted by TRIGGER
                              Man i should have bought the x1600xt over my x800gto2. I got a 2281 with my processor a 2.6ghz and video card at 570/600. Damn pixelshaders

CPU SCORE : 1024
                              SM 2.0 SCORE : 1194
                              sm3.0 score N/A
                              noooo, all the x1600xt would do for you would bump up 3dmarks, while games WOULD SUCK. seriously, that low a card wouldnt be able to to turn on hdr or other goodies anyway.

Comment

Yea I guess your right, it would not reflect real world performance...on the other hand I could have gotton a faster processor though as i paid 198$ for that gto2 back in feb lol. Games will not really need p.s. 3.0 for awhile I would think.

Comment

Working...
                                X