Fx5700 Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fx5700 Scores

Hey i want to know the scores (using 3dmark 2003) of anybody who is runnin a geforce fx5700 256mb in their system so i can compare it with mine also put whole system spec down thanx
    My system is:-
    3.2 ghz athlon xp @ 2.2 ghz
    512mb ddr400 ram (single channel mode)
    asus GeForce fx5700 256mb using the asus 62.11 drivers not the nvidia drivers
    asus a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard
    120 gig samsung 7200 rpm hdd

3dmark 2003 runs all the test and it comes up with 3024 I have no idea if this is average good or poor for my system so any comments and posting oof results and system setup is gr8ly appreciated......thanx

Re: Fx5700 Scores

It's not a 3.2GHz Athlon XP... And we already told you, it's a normal score.

Comment

wat r u on about its not a 3.2 ghz athlon xp and no it wasnt every 1 that told me its normal it was just you so let other people post their scores and their opinions i want a varied opinion not just the opinion of one person.
      Last edited by Grunty313; 10-29-2004, 05:52 PM.

Comment

How is it a 3.2GHz Athlon XP at 2.2GHz?
        It's an Atlhon XP 3200. Don't mistake the PR rating for clock speed.
        Two other people told you. You can wait for more numbers, but they won't mean anything unless the person is using a similar system and a card that performs exactly the same on its own (some might have overclocked, some cards just perform worse, most won't be 256MB, etc.).

Comment

You have an Athlon XP 3200+ which means that it performs around what a Thunderbird cored Athlon would at 3.2GHz (not that any Thunderbird would get close to that speed) so you need to get things right before you get some others confused into thinking the wrong thing.

Comment

Its a 3.2 Ghz athlon xp @ 2.2 ghz. the athlon xp proccesors dont run at the speed that they say its because of the way they proccess data its called a 3.2 because it performs to the equivalent of a 3.2 whereas the thorough bread athlons run at the speed the claim when u buy em ask anyone who is using an athlon xp ask em what it said it was when they bought them from the shop or online etc and then ask them what it actualy runs at

Comment

You can continue arguing, but it's not a 3.2GHz Athlon XP. There's no such thing (without extreme overclocking, anyway). It's an athlon XP 3200. It's true that it is supposed to perform like a 3.2GHz Thunderbird (not Thouroughbred), as Wayout said, but it's not 3.2GHz. That's all there is to it. Check AMD's web site if you don't believe me.

Comment

Yes u call it A athlon xp 3200 But that is equal to 3.2ghz because wen u say its 3200 yr saying its 3200mhz and there is 1000 mhz in 1 ghz so calling it 3.2ghz is just the same as calling it 3200 mhz

Comment

I'm not going to argue about it anymore. Simply put, it's not called an Athlon XP 3.2GHz.

Comment

It is called an athlon xp 3.2 ghz because ive bought one if it doesnt exist how come i have bought one

Comment

And some people wonder why others laugh at other peoples' stupidity.

Comment

No kidding...

If the place or person you bought it from advertised it as being a 3.2GHz Athlon XP, you can probably get them in serious legal trouble for false advertising.

Comment

Grunty: You did not buy an Athlon 3.2GHz processor as they do not exist at this point in time. Even the brand new Athlon 64 FX-55 only runs at 2.6GHz and this is the top performing processor available right now. Instead of arguing without knowledge, try doing a little research. Here is a snip straight from the AMD website. You know these folks... they're the ones who made the processor you're misinformed about.

Q: What does the 3200+ model mean?

A: This is a model number. AMD identifies the AMD Athlon XP processor using model numbers, as opposed to megahertz. Model numbers are designed to communicate the relative application performance among the various AMD Athlon XP processors. As additional evidence that performance is not based on megahertz alone: the AMD Athlon XP processor 3200+ operates at a frequency of 2.2GHz yet can outperform an Intel PentiumĀ® 4 processor operating at 3.0GHz with an 800 FSB and HyperThreading on a broad array of real-world applications for office productivity, digital media and 3-D gaming.
                          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                          My Toys

Comment

guys i have done a bit of research and now i admit that i was rong and u guys were right it is called 3200 xp im sorry for arguing i should have researched my system b4 posting on this site its just that i have allways said it as 3.2 gig and therefore typed it on here and may have confused some people so i appolagise for the aruguing and ask for u to forgive me for rambling on thinking that i was right......... sorry guys.

Comment

It happens. ;)

Anyway, you may have more luck finding people with FX5700 scores here.

Comment

Working...
                              X