X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3DMark05 Scores

Originally posted by Yawgm0th
    Mushkin, dumbass.
    What a load of crap there, Mushkin may have reasoin for this for their line of memory though it helps if you realise that there's a big difference between P4, K7 and K8 processors in how they handle timings to start with, but quite frankly it shows that you young teenages experience is in what you'se have read more than what you'se have had with hands on experience with, so who's a dumbass now?
    When you'se have built/upgraded a several hundred PC's then get back to us.

Comment

Easy kids.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

*Back on topic*

I updated to the 4.10 Catalysts with Catalyst Control Center. After removing all of the unecessary crap that comes with it and tweaking the settings in it, I reran 3DMark05 using the same system as described on the first page (though my 9800 Pro was clocked at 274 this time, 4MHz higher than before) I scored 2299. That's nearly a 10% increase, and I doubt the higher memory clock did anything. Whether the 4.10s are just superior or it's the Catalyst AI (which I had on High), it sure did mean a huge improvement.

I'd highly recommend the 4.10 Cats with Catalyst Control Center. For more help getting rid of the extra performance-reducing processes that come with CCC, read the Catalyst Installation Guide on www.tweakguides.com.

Comment

64/3500+
          Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939
          Gainward 6800 GT (golden sample) + using 66.81 driver 400/1100
          1 Gb Geil PC3200
          120Gb WD 7200rpm 8mb buffer
          XP Pro + SP1 + DX90.c

score : 4041

AA/AF : off
          Vsinc : off

27 process's running in background but antivirus and firewall turned off

Comment

I'd suggest you run through the Windows XP Tweaking Guide on www.tweakguides.com or at least get your number of processes down. That's a pretty high number of processes to have for normal use, and you should be well under 20 during the test (probably 15 to 17 without any serious tweaking). Even though 3DMark is mostly dependant on the video card, it will mean an improvement. It will help a lot during games, too.

Comment

Before I game I always have around 12 services running.

Comment

Heres a low score for a change: 973 , catalyst 4.7 drivers (all other drivers and directx at latest versions) running on this system:

Athlon XP 2400+
                Aopen AK77-600GN (VIA KT600)
                512MB Kreton DDR400 @ CL 2.5-5-4-9
                Maxtor UDMA133 120gb hard disk (8mb cache)
                Radeon 9600 @ 450\520
                400 watt Codegen PSU

Comment

Try the 4.10 Cats, like I said. That card could get a big imprvement.

Comment

'bout time i got round to installing the latest drivers, been a little busy. Anyway i'll post the new score soon

Comment

Installed Catalyst 4.10 , 3dmark 05 score is now 1246. Thats a 28% increase

Comment

Hehe, told you so. If you didn't, follow the instructions on www.tweakguides.com for the Control Center because it installs a lot of extra, removable crap that will hurt performance a lot. It can take anywhere from 40MB to 100MB of memory, which is way too much for background applications.

Comment

I hate the CCC, so i have the non-CCC 4.10 release with standard "old" control panel.

Comment

I hate it too, but you need it for Catalyst AI, or which is basically application-specific driver optimization. It makes a huge difference in many games and possibly even 3DMark05. It's easily worth the time it takes to remove the CCC's related startup entries for the improvement you'll get.

Comment

I like to think my image quality is 100%, I stayed away from geforce FX due to Nvidia's past optimisations (shader replacement etc). I always use FSAA and anisotropic filtering in games, and im tired of this 9600's "brilinear" filtering, which causes problems in a few games (visible mipmap transitions on surfaces). I like the fact Nvidia has sorted out their image quality with the geforce 6 series and the Directx 9.0c compliance is also nice. Catalyst A.I. doesnt suit my tastes at all.

Edit: The seperate Direct3D and OpenGL settings are useful to me, due to the games i play i find 4x FSAA + 8x aniso is good for OpenGL and 2x FSAA + 8x aniso is good for Direct3D games without killing the framerate.
                              Last edited by sr4470; 11-02-2004, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolDrew
                                Before I game I always have around 12 services running.

mate could you plz list the services that you have running?

after a small vid card o/c I've got my score up to 5338

Comment

Working...
                                X