This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3DMark05 Scores

No way. You've done something totally wrong, probably with driver installation. Even on a 128-bit card, you should be getting way more than that. That's what I think, anyway. Even 3DMark, being so GPU-intensive, shouldn't say my rig is that much better than yours, regardless of the superior video card and excessive amount of tweaking I've done. Either something's wrong with that motherboard (KT8V? I've heard of the K8V...), or you've done something wrong somewhere else, drivers being a good place to start. Install the latest drivers from nVidia, even if you already have. You sohuld also close all background programs, and the test sohuld be run at 1024x768 with no AA or AF (otherwise no one know if that's a good score). You should also look through the relevant guides at www.tweakguides.com.

Comment

Here is my systems Scores with default settings and no tweaking.

Amd 64 3500 cpu 2.2Gig Hz
      K8NNXP socket 939 Motherboard (Giga-Byte)
      4x256K AMP-X PC3700 Duel DDR Memory (466Mhz)
      SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS
      2 80Gig HD RAID-0 = 160Gig
      eVga 6800 GT Video Card

Any Idea's on how to improve my scores????

Thanks in advance
      Forcefeed

Comment

For starters, either overclock your CPU and RAM or adjust the timings as I imagine your RAM doesn't have very good timings at stock.

On top of that, just run through the tweaking guides at www.tweakguides.com.

I'd actually suggest you reinstall Windows entirely, though. RAID 0 is a waste of your second hard drive. It means virtually no performance improvement, and it wastes the entire drive. You don't have 160GB, you have 80GB.

Comment

Hey Yawg

Sounds like my 9600XT is the bottle-neck alright.
          The problem with upgrading my card is the power supply. Being a shuttle, it has the 250 W power supply. I originally purchased the system, because my friend told me you could get a 450W from SilentX, but I have not had any luck finding it.

So my question for you or anyone else here is:
          What card will my rig support up to?

Comment

Pretty much anything from ATI. ATI's cards are fairly low power consumption, and if you can get a 9600XT to work, you can probably get an X800 Pro. Even though it's only a 250W PSU, it's probably pretty high-quality, too. Check this article out. Note that their system is probably a but more power hungry than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Yawgm0th

Jjd53887, it just occured to me that your tRAS is totally wrong. It should be at at least 7 (2.5+2+2=6.5, tRAS should be >= CAS+tRCD+2). It should probably be higher than 7, although I couldn't tell you what's best for P4s. That's assuming you can't just loosen them up a bit and overclock more, which would probably be best for that...
              OCZ and AandTech says to use that timing for P4's and just move the CAS to 3 for higher OC'in. If it was a AMD board, then you would be right i think.
              Last edited by jd53887; 10-18-2004, 10:46 PM.

Comment

The best timings for P4's is 2-2-2-5 so long as your memory can run them but where he got that lame formular from is anyone's guess.

Comment

.....I have EB (enhanced bandwidth) they run almost like 2225 and is good for OC'in

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44
                        The best timings for P4's is 2-2-2-5 so long as your memory can run them but where he got that lame formular from is anyone's guess.
                        Its not a lame formula, it really is the truth for at least any nForce2 chipset AMD board, I don't know how it works for anything else.

Comment

i am downloading it now ill post an edit later tonight or tomorrow

Comment

GPU at 412/707 3dmark score=2195

CPU score=2265

Comment

the program downloaded but it would not run... i guess i cant post the results.... i re-downloaded it and installed it several times.... with no sucess..... oh well

Comment

Originally posted by wayout44
                                Mushkin, dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                                X