3D Mark 03, only 843 on 9600Xt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Mark 03, only 843 on 9600Xt

I've seen some very much higher scores with 3d mark, even with geforce 4200 ti. i got a terrible score of 843, my current system spec is

ABIT NF7
    AMD Athlon 2200 1.8 GHz
    512 DDR400 PC3200
    Sapphire 9600XT 256 MB Atlantis
    2 x 40 GB

should i expect a better score from this, also could anyone recommend which software i should use to overclock my 9600XT.
    finally is it worth overclocking my ram and cpu.

please help

Slice

P.S - I guess you could class my a noob, so be nice :)

You should be scorin' a hell of a lot more than a GF4 Ti4200 with that R9600XT at stock speeds so I'd be checkin' all ya settin's first. Make sure that ya have Vsync disabled and lower AA and AF to their minimum settings plus be sure to run the default 3DMark '03 test settings. Also checkout and background processes that maybe affectin' ya score as well. That card should also come with Sapphire's own Redline oc utility.

Comment

Check your AGP speed...

Comment

Originally posted by Soulburner
        Check your AGP speed...
        That wouldnt make his score that bad. If I were you I'd try what Wiggo suggested, make sure Vsync is disabled

Comment

Originally posted by amd_man2003
          That wouldnt make his score that bad. If I were you I'd try what Wiggo suggested, make sure Vsync is disabled
          Yes it would. If it is set at 0x because he hasn't installed his chipset driver, his video performance will be very poor.

It is not vsync, because that would limit him to a maximum of 60fps, which is clearly not attainable with a R9600 series video card.

I don't even make 60fps in the tests with a modified FX5900 scoring 7,281 marks.

Comment

That card should also come with Sapphire's own Redline oc utility.

I have the same card no redline not needed 4.1 drivers have the now famous Overdrive soft clock utility for xp cards I got 5598 with my rig.

Comment

Originally posted by johnerz
              That card should also come with Sapphire's own Redline oc utility.

I have the same card no redline not needed 4.1 drivers have the now famous Overdrive soft clock utility for xp cards I got 5598 with my rig.
              Ok johnerz I'll burst ya bubble of belief of ATi's Overdrive.
              This is only a performance enhancement that atm only works with XT cards and only manipulates the GPU (core) speed dependin' on the temps of the core (memory speed manipulation may come later) thus is in no way true overclocking as the core is dynamically adjusted up and down with temperature variations. True overclockin' can only be done with software that sets fixed rates on both the core and memory speeds which do not go up and down with the whim small temp changes.

Comment

Roger that Wiggo.

A day that I learn something is never wasted.

Edit Of course Slice909 has a xt card.

Comment

Originally posted by johnerz
                  Roger that Wiggo.

A day that I learn something is never wasted.

Edit Of course Slice909 has a xt card.
                  I'm glad that ya day wasn't wasted then but here's a bit more. Sapphire R9600XT cards only report themselves as "Radeon 9600 Series" cards so Overdrive doesn't pick them up as XT's and doesn't implement itself so Sapphire's Redline utility does come in very handy.

Comment

Hi Guys,

thanks for all your help, i turned out the core speed was running at a pitifull 299 MHz. as soon as i got hold of redline, as it was not supplied with my card. it turned the core speed upto 499.5 MHz. the mem speed seems okay, running at 297.0 MHz is this right?

card seems to do pretty well, and getting some good scores on 3d mark 01/03. the thing is, how much more can i overclock this card, i have mem coolers on the top of the card with a new vantec cooler. anyone suggest how much i could overclock this card. also once the card is overclocked, is the performance increase noticable in game, and is it reliable enought to use the card overclocked all the time.

Yes i do have 1 9600XT, got from www.overclockers.co.uk.

Please help

Slice

My RIG

2200 AMD Athlon 1.8GHz
                    512 DDR400 PC3200
                    ABIT NF7
                    Sapphire ALANTIS 9600XT 256 MB
                    Logitech Z560
                    40 GB Maxtor
                    40GB Seagate
                    Coolermaster ACTS-220C - VX1
                    Aerogate II
                    Litoeon CDRW 48x12x48
                    Pioneer DVD Player
                    19" CRT
                    15" TFT
                    350 Watt PSU
                    Onboard Nvidia Sound
                    Nforce 2 Chipset

Comment

How much ya can get it up to only you can find out but take the core and memory up up in small steps (about 5MHz) testin' with 3DMark'03 after each step to test for stability but if ya wind up with lockups or artifacts then just wind it back a bit.

Comment

man, I want to see ur new 3dmark 03 score, cause im getting 950 with a 9200se w/128ddr (im goin for 1000 TONIGHT :wink: I sure hope you got your card all firgured out. May i suggest the new omega drivers for ocing your card, as they are verry very high quality.

Comment

this thread is months old and Slice909 hasnt been on the forum since febuary. he obviously got it sorted else he would have posted back to say he needed more help.

Comment

Re: 3D Mark 03, only 843 on 9600Xt

That's strange, I get 2500 with my current setup.

Doesn't it piss you off when people keep posting?

Comment

Working...
                            X