radeon 9200 benchmark problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radeon 9200 benchmark problems

hi, this is my first post, so please bare with me.

I have an asus a7n8x deluxe motherboard, with an AMD athlon XP 2700 cpu(running at 2.30 ghz) and 256 meg of pc2700 DDR memory.

My problem is, when i benchmark test with 3dmark 2001 SE pro i only seem to get just under 4000 points, im sure i should be scoring better than that, i know i could do with more RAM, does anyone else have any more suggestions?.....i.e overclocking my graphics card, or anything else i can do to get a better benchmark score??.....

what vid drivers are you using? and did u do a clean install with them?

Comment

im using the reference drivers for ATI radeon graphics cards, (v.3.8, package 7.94 ), and this is a new rig, i only just put it together, and installed win XP on it.

Comment

heres a few things to consider, dont worry if youve done them already: get newest drivers (3.9 cats) (just to be sure), newest chipset drivers, newest direct x (9.0b i beleive), newest drivers for anything else u can think of, make sure you have 8x agp enabled in the bios, make sure nothing is underclocked in the bios, run windows update, well thats about all i can think of right now, hope it helps and let me know if u have any questions.

Comment

thanks for that, just a few more questions, i had to 'downgrade' my direct x version from 9.0 to 8.1 so i could use 3D MARK 2001 SE PRO(it said direct x 9 wasnt supported). Also ive noticed when i post my 3d score on the madonion website, and i compare marks with other people it says my AGP Rates are (Current/Available) 2x / 4x 8x does this mean im currently using 2x but my board supports 4x and 8x? if so, how do i change to 8x agp?....and would this improve my benchmark results??.....

P.S, ive noticed your system is similar to mine, what kinda points do you score on 3dmark 2001?

thanks for your help, im off to d/l cat 3.9

Comment

First of all ya'll need to upgrade 3DMark'01SE to build 330 for DX9 compatibility. Secondly go into the BIOS and make sure that your AGP rate is set to 8x (likely this setting is set at auto).

Comment

Thanks mate, i'll go and upgrade now, yes agp is set in bios to 8x.

Doesnt under 4000 points sound a little poor to you?....or am i just expecting my 'budget' card to do too much??

Comment

Yes that score is low as I've an XP1800+ on a KT333 based mobo (AGP 4x) with an R9000np and that scores around 7500 in that benchmark (make sure that ya have unnecessary background programs/services closed down as these will impact on ya scores)). Also I deleted that new thread in the video card forum of your's as only one thread is needed and this one still has the redirect for it in that forum.

Comment

Ok wiggo, thanks alot for your help, and your patience! so what your saying is stop all programs running in the system tray, download the patch for build 330 (3dmark) re-install direct x 9, then run another benchmark?

Comment

heres what i get, u should really be getting more than this or around this.try completely removing the drivers and then install the newest ones, that has worked for me on other cards ive had.

Comment

With your Pro version of 3DMark '01 I believe that ya have to uninstall it and install the newer version (details should be on their website under support). Yes close down all programs in the system tray but some programs like antiviruses may still have processes running which will need to be shut down thru the Windows Task Manager.

Comment

ok, thanks swinger, i'll try that!

thanks for the advise wiggo, just downloading build 330 now
                        i'll let you know how i go on.:laugh:

Comment

ok, just a quickie, coz its way past my bedtime, ive done everything ive been told, and my benchmarking has a improved a little with 4202 marks, still dont think this is right though.

Any more suggestions??

Comment

forgot to ask, would adding a some more RAM have a big effect??

Comment

What brand and model is that R9200 as I'm wonderin' if this maybe one of those with the crippled 64bit memory path and not the full 128bit memory path.

Comment

Working...
                              X