radeon 9200 benchmark problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funkyphantomuk
    forgot to ask, would adding a some more RAM have a big effect??
    If ya runnin' Win XP then yes it could a bit and if ya only 1 memory module in that mobo of your's then yes as atm ya only runnin' in single channel mode and not dual channel mode (ya'll 2 modules of the same size, make and model).

Comment

its a sapphire ATI radeon 9200 128. Does that help ya out?

Comment

just to let you guys know, ive just bought some more memory (exactly the same as the other stick of 256mb) and my 3D marks have come up worse than what i had when i was only running on 256. Methinks something strange is going on..........would overclocking my processor have an adverse affect on 3d marks??.....

Comment

no overclocking should only make things faster, as for the extra stick of ram, do u have both sticks in the right memory slots for dual channel mode, if not it will still use single channel. checm you manual for which slots to use for dual channel. also what size is your windows page file? aslo i think you do have the 64 bit version of the 9200 and that is probably holding you back a lot.try and borrow someone elses card thats about the same speed and see if you still get really low marks, i think a fx5200 is about the same speed.

Comment

hi, what do you mean by,"what size is your windows page file"?

when i bought the card i specifically asked for a sapphire radeon 9200 128mb, and thats what it said on the box, come to think of it, the box was not sealed. i bought it from www.overclockers.com
            is there a way i can find out if im running on 128mb and not 64??.....
            im gonna check the dual channel in my instruction manual.

Comment

just done a benchmark on pcmark2002 pro this was my result

System Configuration
              Operating System Microsoft Windows XP

DirectX Version 8.1

Mobo Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.

Mobo Model A7N8X2.0

AGP Rates (Current/Available) 2x / 4x 8x

CPU AMD Duron(tm) Processor 2230 MHz

FSB 175 MHz

Memory 512 MB

Graphics Chipset ATI RADEON 9200

Driver Name RADEON 9200 SERIES

Driver Version 6.14.10.6396

Video Memory 128 MB

Detailed Test Results
              CPU Score 6762

Memory Score 4325

HDD Score 979

hope this helps

Comment

your page file is your virtual memory, if you wanna find it its at

conrol panel>system>advanced look at performance and click on settings,go to advanced, go to virtual memory and its hould say what size yur page file is

Comment

o yeah, i really doubt that your card would only be using 64 of its 128mb but its not unheard of go to this creen to see.even if it was using 64mb u should still get more than u did in 3dmark.

Comment

just sorted my memory out, id put it in a slot that wouldnt give me the dual channel feature.

Ive just benchmarked again, and i got 4207 marks. weird.

checked in ATI setup, graphics card is set at 128mb

checked my windows page size and it says 384mb

if you scroll to my pcmark 2002 marks, and look at agp rates, it says AGP Rates (Current/Available) 2x / 4x 8x ....does this mean im using 2x agp rate, but i have 4x and 8x available?.......

thanks in advance

Comment

pc mark and 3d mark specs of your system need to be taken with a pinch of salt, they are very often innaccurate. whatever agp rate you have set in your bios is what is being used. i cant really think of any more suggestions now but ill let you know if i do and keep asking questions, im sure someone can help.

Comment

its a sapphire ATI radeon 9200 128. Does that help ya out?
                        Even though they don't have the best site around for details it does seem to have the full 128bit memory path.
                        if you scroll to my pcmark 2002 marks, and look at agp rates, it says AGP Rates (Current/Available) 2x / 4x 8x ....does this mean im using 2x agp rate, but i have 4x and 8x available?
                        Yep ya runnin' at 2x but the others are available though why ya not on 8x I have no idea atm unless ya need to change it in the driver properties. What is ya AGP Aperture Size set at (BIOS)? If it's at 64MB then change it to 128MB.

Comment

well, guys thanks very much for trying to help me out, its been very much appreciated, and this forum is the best forum ive ever been on btw.

my aperture size is set at 128mb in BIOS....although i have been thumbing through my motherboard manual, and have noticed a setting for "AGP frequency" could that be tweaked at all???.....i might go to the madonion site and ask around there.......it seems weird because ive done a search on people with basically the same system as me, and they seem to be scoring way over 7000 marks, just dont know where that 3000 points is going to, must be something not working right................thanks again guys your help is much appreiciated, at least i can say one thing, and that is, ive learnt something new, even though i havent sorted my rig out.....lemme know if ya get n e more ideas

Comment

overclocking the agp bus wont really do anything in most cases, plus you wont get it too far without your system being really unstable or not booting. i wouldnt try it but its up to you if you wanna try. remeber default is 66mhz and i wouldnt go any higher than over 70.like i said its up to you tho.

Comment

lol, i think i'll leave it at 66mhz then
                              thanks for the help

Comment

WOW GoldWOW Power LevelingBuy WOW Gold

yourself before you actually start Aion Gold.

Comment

Working...
                                X