HELP!! What is Wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! What is Wrong?

When I try to download a program doesn't matter what it won't download! It hangs at the screen as shown in the picture! I can download with a download manager like download accelerator only not at the normal way! The strange thing is that i can download at all the computers in the entire network! Only not at my own computer! Does anyone now what is wrong?
    Please help Greets MySTiCuSS

Does anyone now how to solve the problem? I really want to download some files!

Comment

mysticuss, do you use a proxy server by chance and not have the settings right in ie?? only thing i can think of without knowing how your network is set up. :?:
      [space saving sig]
      AMD 0wn3z j00!
      [/space saving sig]

Comment

first thing I'd try
        is unistall the download manager

I'd also try and get all the windows updates
        http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

you'd what? download all the windows updates? :D isn't that half the problem?

Comment

Yeah we tried the site again today and it was still useless for critical updates so I went over to Cnet Catchup and got what I could there. ;)

Comment

I think i have found the problem it is internet explorer! I have installed a new browser netscape navigator and everything works fine! Is there a way that i can install internet ecplorer again? So maybe everuthing will be normal?

Comment

That should do that trick if it is IE... download IE v6 here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp

Comment

If the Internet Explorer set-up files are on your local hard-drive, you can save a good deal of time by using the IE Repair utility.

Go about it as if you were going to uninstall IE through the Control Panel. After you select IE and click uninstall, a dialouge box will open. You will see 3 options, 1 of which is Repair Internet Explorer.

On one accasion I had to do that twice before it fixed the problem. But it saved me a lot of time, as it used the set-up files on my HDD so I wasn't forced to DL again.
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thought IE6 shipped stock with versions of XP.. Wouldnt be a need to DL it again if its on the CD?
                    Chris "Raven"
                    News Crew - TweakTown
                    <!--
                    <font size=1>
                    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
                    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
                    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
                    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
                    </font>
                    // -->
                    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Working...
                    X