No announcement yet.

Can you slipstream Office XP with both SP1 and SP2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you slipstream Office XP with both SP1 and SP2?

I have successfully slipstreamed Office XP and SP1 and installed. But now with SP2 out, I wonder if both can be done onto one CD? This would make future reinstall easier.

Apparently, SP1 is included in SP2. http://mrp.freeshell.org/tutorials/officexp_sp2.htm

augie

Comment

Okay, maybe you're right, but I thought for sure that I read at microsoft download website that SP1 had to be installed first. And thanks for the link.

Comment

You can only use SP2 alone on a "administrative install" of Office using the enterprise/corporate version.

If you have the regular copy, I haven't seen anything on it, however you can ghost it along with your OS incase something goes screwy and you have to reinstall, otherwise, you will lose your updates.

You can refer to KB article Q325671 if you have the corp. version. I slipstreamed this with no problems.

HAPPY NEW YEAR : party ha

augie

P.S. I just noticed this article by the same person, on slipstreaming SP1, so the above statement about the regular Office is correct.http://mrp.freeshell.org/tutorials/officexp_sp1.htm

Comment

Okay. Looks like its admin install of SP2 that includes SP1. I'll try it, have corp. ed. Thanks again. Happy New Year!

Comment

can you turn it into a monkey ?:flames:

Comment

Originally posted by augie10
              Apparently, SP1 is included in SP2. http://mrp.freeshell.org/tutorials/officexp_sp2.htm

augie
              Thanks for the above link, I downloaded the page and found it useful, but I've lost it due to hard drive failure just the other day and now the page has apparently been removed. Do you know where I could find the same information? Another link, or maybe you have it? Thanks again.

Comment

read this and if this is what you need will mail it to you

This program will slipstream Office XP and SP2 together if you dont want to have to install SP2
                seperately. It will also save you having to re-enter your CD KEY each time you install.

You will need an Office XP CD to use this or the setup files on HD. You CANNOT use a
                slipstreamed Office SP1 CD.

The administrative version of Office XP SP2 update is needed. Click the link on the program to
                download it.

A new folder will be created from where you can install Office XP and SP2 together or you can
                burn a CD from it.

Comment

Sounds good, would like to take a look at it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X