Pop Ups!!!!!! Ahhhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Ups!!!!!! Ahhhhh

Does ANYONE (I cant search for it cause its to short to go in search) know how to kill all those stupid pop ups, but not using a program that will kill alot of memory? <- Kill as in that...

I'm sure you've seen the countless fraudulent popup "killers" out there. To be honest, most of them are complete bullsnot. One very amazing company though, has a killer popup killer (so to speak).

Check it out. POW popup killer from AnalogX. It might be exactly what you're looking for.

Also, moving this thread to the Applications section.
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

sounds like your search tool should be a higher priority in this particular instance:?:
      On that note; Google - there is no substitute for general web searching.

In regards to your question, as you are looking for a resource-friendly utility, start with Analog X's POW!
      Analog X is known for his clean code and great working utilities.
      There are a lot of utilities that block pop-ups, but this is a great place to start, if for some reason you don't like this one; try Google, you'll find plenty more utilities there.

EDIT; well done Raven! beat me to the post big-time:D
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

MUHAHA.. beat ya Mr. C :D

Yes, a pointless post, to be sure. But I make so very few pointless posts so I'll splurge this time.
        Chris "Raven"
        News Crew - TweakTown
        <!--
        <font size=1>
        <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
        - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
        - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
        - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
        </font>
        // -->
        "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

And for what my $0.02aus is worth I'll also have to back AnologX's POW! as I've been usin' it for almost 2yrs now even on lowly K6-2/3's. :thumb:

Comment

Just to add to this discussion I think PopupCop does a great job - I haven't seen a popup since I installed it. But it also does more - it also blocks animations, scripts, flash ads, etc. etc. Very customizable and seems to be 100% effective. Give it a try.
            My Machine

Comment

As a side note, if anyone sees ANY popups on TweakTown, please take a screenshot and email to [email protected]

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I haven't seen any for some while now. :thumb:
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

I use Mozilla for browsing mainly for its built in pop-up killer..

Seriously though you can make your own pop-up killer just edit the hosts file on your box and point any servers that produce popup ads to 127.0.0.1 as long as you aren't running a webserver on your PC it works..

several sites have a good database list to kill pop-ups. including kazaalite.tk

Comment

Working...
                  X