Best CD Burning Software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best CD Burning Software?

I just got a Plextor combo and the burn software sucks. My teenaged daughter likes to download tunes from Kazza and burn them onto a CD. What's the best, easiest and most reliable softwear for this? I have no clue. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well if you'd rather not pay for any software and you're a user of Windows XP Pro or Home, you actually have built-in burning software.

Just drag and drops files into the drive (with CDR / CD-RW media inserted) and copy and delete just as you would a normal floppy disk drive.

Or if you want a bit more power, I suggest the 3rd party program called Nero.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Thanks, Mr. Tweak, Nero it is.

Comment

I too use Nero. It is still one of the best overall burning utilities you cab get and it also has wizards for the common operations if you're inclined to use them. Good stuff all around. :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Yes Nero is the best but ya gotta have CloneCD as well for backups of some software (had to stop the kids destroyin' PS CD's). ;)

Comment

I need to try that one again. I attempted to use it with my older Creative burner but it wasn't supported by CloneCD. Hopefully the TDK burner I have now will work with it, but most disks can be burned with Nero. The CloneCD program handles a bit-by-bit copy if Nero fails.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

I use Clone for all my straight CD copies. Half the time I simply just copy an image of the CD onto my computer and use a program (such as Fantom CD) to mount that image and make the computer think it's a CD in a drive. Don't need to burn it to a CD that way, and I can delete it when I'm finished with it. Works wonders.

Comment

CloneCD I only use for those things that Nero can't do as with everything else CloneCD is much slower. A perfect combination though with Lite-On CDRW's. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                  CloneCD I only use for those things that Nero can't do as with everything else CloneCD is much slower. A perfect combination though with Lite-On CDRW's. :)

Nero seems to be the preferred burning software with everyone I know :thumb:
                  <!-- Begin Code Amber Ticker code. -->
                  <P ALIGN=CENTER>
                  <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
                  </script>
                  </P>
                  <!-- end of Code Amber Ticker code (c)Copyright codeamber.org 2002, 2003-->

Comment

If whenever I try to use a burning program, The program not only freezes, but my whole PC freezes up, but after unplugging the burner itself from the pc, the burning program does not freeze, but just displays a message that states something like "no cd burner found" The burner is seen by windows, but I think simply like a cdrom drive. This sounds like my burner burned up huh???
                    Anyone have a clue??:cheers:

Comment

Is the burner setup as the master of its IDE channel? If not then this is likely the problem as nearly all burners demand the master position to control the channel for the burn. ;)

Comment

You know, good question, I'm not sure but I think our DVD player just might be set up to be master. I'll go ask and ffind out. BRB
                        :cheers:

Comment

I like to use this mp3 or clone cd, just depends on what your doing at the time and what you feel comfortable with. As everyone has different prefences.

Comment

Howdy. While we're on the subject of Nero, I'd like to ask a question concerning it. I'm preparing to purchase a TDK VeloCD. The software includes Nero Express instead of the full version of Nero Burning ROM. Has anyone had experience with both? Could you tell me what the big differences are? I would be using it for copying files and to rip audio CD's for the Jeep. Thanks.

Comment

I havn't used the Lite version but then all my Lite-On and LG CDRW's have come w/ the full version of Nero. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X