Office xp professional sp1 help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office xp professional sp1 help!

I just got a copy of the office xp professional and i installed it, obviously its pirated, and i wanted to install the sp1 so i can keep it up to date but it doesnt allow me, which really sucks.

I need some help with the sp1, if anyone can help me...please do..thanks.

I can give you the obvious response... *cough* BUY IT! *cough*
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

You Got Mail Check your PM

Comment

same question here.. Please e-mail me as well.. thanks !

-Mike
        :bounce:

Comment

I have a legal copy of Office XP and used the following procedure to install both service packs. I told a friend about this slipstreaming method and he tried it with a "cough--cough" copy of Office XP and it installed perfectly.

http://www.viperlair.com/articles/so...offxpsp1.shtml

Comment

Hi Webstur, I have a similar problem and urgently need help would you please e-mail any 'fix' you have, Thanks.

Comment

Webstur, thanks for your prompt and informative message but I am confused as your info relates to Windows XP and SP1 and not Office XP and SP1, which is what I need. Am I correct in assuming this or am I missing something. By the way I assume the 'helpful' number you gave also relates to Win XP and not Office XP. Please reply as before. Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks again Webstur but I already have Windows XP Pro up and running including the SP1 update. I have a different problem with Office XP Pro where I need a similar fix to that which is available for Windows XP. the SP1 and SP2 updates for Office XP will not run unless you have a legitimate installation of Office XP.
                Notwithstanding you have a legititimate version of Windows XP.

Comment

to jaycup

what you've got is a pirated office xp what you've got is a prelim version and that's why you can't installed the sp's

get a full version and you'll see how they all run

also for all you guys running the xp with the key from hell

forget about installing the sp's - they hard coded into it that special key in order to lock out everyone - seems there are few million copies running THAT key - you may have to reinstall with another one or try to recode the key with a key changer program -

make sure before deleting the key you're using that the new one will work, otherwise your only solution will be to reinstall the os

fun ain't it

Comment

come on guys...
                    can't we just accept the devil?
                    its there...
                    ppl buy cool copies and there are hot copies too.
                    now every one has a right to get wat they want (including sp's ofcourse :laugh: ), even if they have hot copies.
                    now ppl having not so goodie goodie copies of Office XP and having probs with installing SP1. the only probable solution i can understand is that you got a Office XP CD already slip streamed with SP1. try installing SP2 over your current installation of Office. it might work.
                    hey btw...do u ppl have Office XP with frontpage?
                    cos thats the only version thats complete...all others (i mean with publisher or without frontpage) are either OEM's or evaluation versions.
                    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
                    Last Updated:
                    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
                    ======================
                    jabber : [email protected]
                    =======================
                    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
                    yabaa dabaa doo...
                    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

I wuz talking 'bout office xp - and said a lot of prelim copies are
                      being sold as full, and that's why the sp1 won't work

streaming it may not work with a prelim either cuz it detects it's not a full version

been there done that and spent more money fixing it , they don't call it Micro$oft for nutin'

Comment

Working...
                      X