Winamp Skips Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp Skips Help!!

help me!! my winamp has started skipping recently, thought it was related to the rebooting problem, but its not. its not the mp3, it does it with all of them, and at random times, i installed the new one, and no go, it does it with the new and old versions, i have it set for direct sound out right now. any suggestions??
    [space saving sig]
    AMD 0wn3z j00!
    [/space saving sig]

How many other progs do you have running? That can have an affect.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

i checked out my proc usage and mem usage, and it stays low and still skips, besides, i have 256mb of ram, so i dont think it has a problem sharing the computer..it never did it before.
      [space saving sig]
      AMD 0wn3z j00!
      [/space saving sig]

Comment

I take it that this has happened since the new vid card went in? :?:
        What drivers are ya using? :?:

Comment

23.11's i think, the newest ones. it did it before the new vid card, it was actually a problem when i had trouble with the comp rebootting. so it still does it
          [space saving sig]
          AMD 0wn3z j00!
          [/space saving sig]

Comment

Ok then maybe it might be time to try either the Promise Raid Performance Patch which is almost the same as the PCI Latency Patch because if I remember rightly (as ya left it out of ya sig) ya m/b uses uses a VIA chipset and either of these may help plus I think Creative also released some updated drivers for that sound card if ya havn't already got them. ;)

Comment

i have the same problem, ive tried a pci video card, an agp one (my gf3)
              im running a bx chipset (i440bx - solid as a rock)
              hpt370 raid controller (could this be it)
              intel NIC (used to have the same IRQ as the sound card thought getting rid of the pci vid card and using an agp one so i could move the sound card would fix it, soundcard ahas its own IRQ now and still no fix)
              creative sblive value digital - running the latest creative drivers.... so no fix there... any idea?
              SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
              Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

im still stumped too bro, seems to not do it as much now, but i havent been listening to that much winamp. i havent tried media player to rule out all but winamp...we'll see..:?: :?:
                [space saving sig]
                AMD 0wn3z j00!
                [/space saving sig]

Comment

I swear -- if I had a nickel for every SB Live problem I've read about on the web, I'd have 3 more PC's and a bigger house to put them in:eek:
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Nickel?

Thats what? 5c peice?

Anyway, check that DMA is turned on for your hdd.
                    a simple way to test this, is play an mp3, then open something hdd intensive. Like photoshop or powerdvd. It it skips like mad, then DMA is the most likley cause. Happens to me in win2k/xp as DMA is off by default.

Comment

my SBlive card works fine.. :cool:

Comment

omg my cdrom wasn't on dma!

maybe thats it... but probably not.,.. any idea where id find dma options for a HPT370 in winXP?
                        SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
                        Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Comment

the RAID Administrator program lets you configure your drives DMA capabilities. However, if you update to the newer drivers from highhpoint, then cdrom support on the raid channels goes bye-bye.

Comment

how do you enable dma on a 2k machine?? i looked in device manager and disk administrator??????
                            [space saving sig]
                            AMD 0wn3z j00!
                            [/space saving sig]

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard
                              how do you enable dma on a 2k machine?? i looked in device manager and disk administrator??????
                              same as in XP

device manager - ide props - advanced settings

Comment

Working...
                              X