home Surveillance software for use with a webcam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home Surveillance software for use with a webcam

Does anyone know of any good software that will be able to monitor the house while I am gone. Of course it would have to have montion detection on it.

Thanks guys

webcam32 is a good product.

you can mointor movement online and it will dump jpgs depending % change in picture - works quiet well
    http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

CREATIVE\VB WebCam Monitor

This one works for me, and it does have motion detector

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! This Creative VB that you speak of...can it be downloaded?

Kheldar, thanks for the information bro....I tried it but the only options I seen is to dump to a website/ftp server. I was looking fr something that would record to the local hard drive with out setting up any server...The option may be there and I didnt see it...I will play with it a little bit more in a few..

Thank guys/girls

Comment

what you could do, though it's a little over the top, is use a program like Serv-U FTP or something, and set up a very basic FTP server on your computer..

Comment

Well Beefy, I thought about that for awhile...but due to all the security flaws....I choose not to go that way cause I dont think I could let it run thinking that someone might be watching my house :)

Thanks for your input tho!

Comment

its primary purpose is to to dump it to a website but it can be set so it just dumps jpegs to HD's

we used it one of our offices for this purpose so we could see who was using the room - it worked very well and a weeks worth of photo's was less than 1 meg - cause I set it so that it only save photo's if there was a 25% change in the piccy (ie when somebody opened the door)

the logitech qucik cam pro comes with security software - will even bark
              http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

I dont know if this will help or not, but have a look anyway.
                I brought a Video blaster webcam go, and it came with the software which is called Video Blaster WebCam Monitor.
                The site which may help you is www.creative.com.
                Hope it helps, good luck :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                X