Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office 11 Beta 1 Leaked

http://www.slipstreamx.net/community...d.php?tid=1339

Here's the news post concerning Microsoft Office 11 Beta 1. Screenshots are included in that news link.

Looking alright so far but what does it have over Office XP which will want to make people upgrade?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

Why, a huge hand from Big Brother right in your computer! :thumbs do
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
        Why, a huge hand from Big Brother right in your computer! :thumbs do
        Amen to that. I believe Windows XP will be the last "newest" Microsoft OS on my computer, and Office 2000 will be the last Microsoft office suite.

Anything after that just got too controlled for my tastes. Considering I just picked up my copy of RedHat Linux 8.0 from the mail room today, I'll have to look into a new hard drive partition :D
        Chris "Raven"
        News Crew - TweakTown
        <!--
        <font size=1>
        <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
        - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
        - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
        - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
        </font>
        // -->
        "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Hey I know XP will be my last. :D

Office 97 does all that I need as well. ;)

Comment

Office 11 wont support anything before win2k SP3. So a lot of people wont be upgrading to 11.

Comment

You can find out all the latest and greatest about MS products at www.wopr.com. They're formus and news letters have answered tons of my questions about any MS product. No they're not wacky MS worshipers, the letters are full of ways around they're bugs and what updates not to install.

Comment

Bithmus,

I'M JEALOUS! You have the Bears playing in your hometown this year. :D

Whoops... strayed just a wee bit off topic there, didn't I?
                My Toys

Comment

Anything about the Bears is NEVER off topic. I have season tickets. I'm proud to say the Illionos senate let beer into Memorial Stadium. Even though we're losing, I couldn't of asked for a better senoir year her!

:cheers:
                  Yup, I'm wasted.

Comment

Ah... U of I then. I have a step-brother that graduated from there. Now if only we could get the Bears to actually PLAY some football. :D

Back to the Office 11 topic, though, there are a lot of folks who won't bother with it. There just isn't enough in the line of new features to justify cutting your throat by not being backwards compatible. The only thing I can figure is that it is that it is being aimed at the corporate setting, but even there the lack of backwards compatibility may be an issue that keeps businesses from joining the bandwagon.
                    My Toys

Comment

Working...
                    X