Excel equation protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel equation protection

Does any one know a secure way of protecting an excel file, I don't mean the built in protection system which can be easily cracked by using various software packages. I need a secure method of protection, that will not allow clients to see the equations.

Do you want people to be able to read it or not?
    If not you could use a seperate program to encript it.

Comment

I need people to be able to use it.

Comment

There might be a way to publish it somehow??? but with the right software/knowhow they would still beable to crack it.

Comment

I have found out that the latest version of WinXP Excel has a new type of program protection!
          Can any tell me if it is crackable?

Comment

Anything is crackable, somethings just take a hell of a long time and effort, it's like putting locks on your doors and windows it might keep people out but if they really want to get in then they will break something.
            How sensetive is the data anyway?

Comment

we are building an Industrial plant simulator, the model is built in Excel, but the front end is written in VB. We will have to distribute both programs for this to work. So we need to protect the customers from getting access to the Excel file. The question is: does the protection built into the latest version of excel provide sufficient security.

Comment

Working...
              X