Dvd decoders pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dvd decoders pack

Can anyone help me out trying to find a download site for a dvd decoder pack for the windows media player. Trying not to have to but the ****. If any one knows a site that might help with this problem i would be greatful.

I don't have any help for you as I've not heard of "dvd decoder pack for the windows media player". But while we're waiting for someone who knows, can you tell me more about just what it is, and who the publisher is supposed to be?

Comment

You don't mean a DIVX codex pack do ya? :?:

Comment

Originally posted by wild_willy129
        Can anyone help me out trying to find a download site for a dvd decoder pack for the windows media player. Trying not to have to but the ****. If any one knows a site that might help with this problem i would be greatful.
        As a matter of fact, get the Nimo Codec Pack V5.0 Build 8. It's the most comprehensive pack I've seen, and make it a point to install it on virtually every system I come in contact with.

Check this link for more information:
        http://www.btinternet.com/~nimosiro/

If you can't get it there, let me know and I'll help you get it.
        Chris "Raven"
        News Crew - TweakTown
        <!--
        <font size=1>
        <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
        - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
        - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
        - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
        </font>
        // -->
        "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

no what it is i bought a dvd player from a from but it's out of a compaq and tryed to play a movie and wmp would not play it needed dvd decoder pack. Click on the help link that was there and yeah they had it but for 39.99 or some ****.

Comment

Oh I get ya now. The term is not a DVD decoder "pack".

If you have the DVD drive, and I'm assuming a DVD you want to play (and not a .avi DIVX rip), you're talking in terms of Hardware and Software DVD decoders. An example of this program would be CyberLink's PowerDVD or the WinDVD program. There aren't any free ones I know of, to tell you the truth. Windows Media Player won't play DVD discs as far as I know.

--- 5 minutes later ---
            You might be able to use DirectDVD from this site:
            http://www.dvdsoft.net/

Just scroll down a bit. Ah, google.com. What a wonderful invention.

[edit]
            Here's the direct link to the product site. Im at work so I cant download and install it to check it out for you, but it looks to be free for anyone to download and use. Don't hold me to that though, some companies are sneaky.

http://www.orionstudios.com/directdvd.html
            Chris "Raven"
            News Crew - TweakTown
            <!--
            <font size=1>
            <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
            - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
            - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
            - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
            </font>
            // -->
            "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

Comment

Direct DVD is $40 US I believe.

Comment

well see that is the thing windows media player beta 9 has a dvd and mp3 pack that they are marking for like 30 bucks or something like that. Thanks for your help though i did try windvd and yes it does cost. thanks though

Comment

Working...
                X