What is this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this

What is VIA?? i installed it and i don't know what it does. Help me plz.

VIA is the name of a major chipset manufacturer.
    What exactly did you install?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

i installed the 4 times agp VIANAF and PCI bridge drivers. for my new skuttle motherboard. The motherboard is AK31 scoket A AMD athlon.

Comment

VIA 4-in-1 Driver Set?

This is nothing more than a set of drivers that allows the motherboard's chipset to communicate with the operating system. Since these chipsets are so new, Windows doesn't know how to TALK correctly with it, nor the peripherals that are attached to it. The drivers tell Windows how to communicate so that all of the components play nicely together. :)
        My Toys

Comment

This is all good but that doesn't explain why my os (2k) crashes after installing my other drivers. Is there a certain order i should install them in. like the VIA, AGP, PCI drivers then my video, sound and finally dx. Or is there another order.

Comment

The 4-in-1's should be the first thing installed after the OS. After that, you'll want to install the video card drivers, then sound card drivers, then DirectX, and finally any other devices you may have.

Oh... and if you're installing the individual drivers for the motherboard, just get the 4-in-1 pack from VIA Hardware. It's an executable file that handles it automatically. Current version is 4.37
            My Toys

Comment

Working...
            X