No announcement yet.

How to use Nero to create a bootable CD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use Nero to create a bootable CD?

As abovementioned. How do you actually create a cd that can boot? I've tried many options but it still either boot to A: or C:

Is there anyway to let it boot directly from the CD.

I am using it for Ghost backup.

Please advise.

Thank you.

to create a boot disc in Nero, I do the following:

1. Create a Windows start-up disk, or a boot disk from www.bootdisk.com.
    2. Leave the disk inthe drive, and go to create a bootable CD in Nero. It will ask for a source for the bootable section, just say A:
    3. Make your CD as you normally would
    4. When the computer boots, you have to make sure that the CD drive is the first in the boot order, so you'll have to go into your BIOS setup and set it to boot first...

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
      to create a boot disc in Nero, I do the following:

1. Create a Windows start-up disk, or a boot disk from www.bootdisk.com.
      2. Leave the disk inthe drive, and go to create a bootable CD in Nero. It will ask for a source for the bootable section, just say A:
      3. Make your CD as you normally would
      4. When the computer boots, you have to make sure that the CD drive is the first in the boot order, so you'll have to go into your BIOS setup and set it to boot first...
      Hi Beefy,

I would like to know how come when I boot from the CD, it shows A:\ instead of D:\ ?

Comment

Something is missing about your problem. The A and B drive letters are reserved for floppy drives. If there is some utility I've never heard of that will reassign these letters to a cd drive, you would have had to have intentially done it. Since you did not, I would say that if you have not run some .bat file off of the cd to change drives, then you have, in fact, booted from the floppy drive. Is there a disk in the floppy when you boot? If so, take it out and boot again.

Look at the files on the cd. If there is a file named "autoexec.bat", open it in notepad. If there is a line that has "a:" in it, that is causing the switch to the A prompt. If this is so, you will need to copy the boot floppy you used in Nero and either edit that line out of autoexec.bat, or if there is no compelling need for them, delete the autoexec.bat and config.sys files from the floppy. Then use this modified floppy with Nero.

Comment

When you create a CD in this way, it will 'emulate' a floppy drive, and basically make a drive based on what was on the disk when you made the CD. You can still access the CD itself by going to D:

Comment

Working...
          X