Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I stop a website link placing a shortcut on my desktop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I stop a website link placing a shortcut on my desktop?

Hi, I recently installed a new ASRock motherboard into my PC, and since running the software CD supplied I have been plagued with a website link for ZYNGA which I cannot get rid of. Every time I boot up my PC it appears, I delete it from the desktop, the Win 7 Taskbar, the start up menu and every other place it appears, but alas, when I start up again there it is large as life. I have found an entry in the System32 folder of Windows and have tried renaming it but it seems to overwrite this as well. See below for copy of entry...

%SystemRoot%\System32\cmd.exe /c "start http://socialgames.splashtop.com/redirectGames/?oem=ASRKBCU01^&os=Windows^&p=M3A770DE^&pv=1.0.4^& v=1^&flv=^&c=2057^&t=678b145615f191a0cf37816ff2338 908^&l=en-GB"

I tried to delete this from the properties box but it will not let me.

I am getting thoroughly fed up with this website link now and would appreciate any help to get rid of it permanently.

Best regards, Dave

Re: How can I stop a website link placing a shortcut on my desktop?

Hello Dave, I have the same problem as you my friend :) Iv done a lill forum browsing and I have stumbled over a solution so I thought I would share it with you.

Please check this weblink out as all the information is there.

Solved Can't Remove Zynga URL shortcut from PC - Windows 7 Forums

R
    egards,

Comment

Working...
    X