Free Firewall Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Firewall Software

What's a good free firewall that doesn't have ads, or contain spywares? What's a good commercial Firewall?

thanx

Try:

Zone Alarm

Tiny Firewall

Just do a google search for the links.

Comment

I'm using built-in XP firewall ...It seems doing the job very well..& in addition, doesn't bother me at all...& I tried it using famous firewall checking security sites ...& still it seems excellent ...Some examples:

http://scan.sygatetech.com/

https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

http://privacy.net/analyze/

http://www.pcflank.com/about.htm

Originally posted by hunter1234
      What's a good free firewall that doesn't have ads, or contain spywares? What's a good commercial Firewall?

thanx

Comment

hey thanks

Comment

Yeah go for Zone Alarm as I've been usin' it for for about 3years now with no probs. :thumb:

Comment

Zone Alarm!:cheers:

Comment

Zonealarm is very good, easy set-up and low maintenance.
              Give it a try, you can always find another if you don't like it. You will probably find it a great place to start and most likely it will end your quest.
              The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by hunter1234

thanx

Tiny Softs Tiny personal Firewall is awsome and completely free. Dispite its name it is an exellent firewall in my openion. Version 2.0 is the Free version.

http://www.tinysoftware.com/home/tin...=solo_download

Or you can go here http://www.firewall-net.com/ to compare quite a few firewalls.

Comment

Hello there!Abouth "firewalls" I think I have test them all soon.I´m using Zone alarm for a long time but it give me some problem then I use Kaza so I test Tiny Personal firewall but it faild in this test on GRC and other places so I test Norton but this is so BIG and so much of everything so I install DEERFIELD VISNETIC FIREWALL v1.2 and that can I say? it dont stop from in and out so Steves "leaktest"it faild in but there is "stelth"everythere and there is no popup sign I dont no this program is working it´s invisible but it working and working good.Okey it´s not a free one but i´m not care you find it on warez saits or tell me and I help you.There is also more, if I want to know who have this IP number you know then I´m looking in the "view log" and I see someone try to check my ports I get hes IP and I rightklick and choose "who have and the IP number"and so I get it so I love this program.Benhur

Comment

Sygate Personal Firewall

http://www.sygate.com/

Comment

No offence dudes but i didn't really like Zone Alarm, dunno why. I use "Black Ice Defender" : peace2:

Comment

No offense taken.
                        And I intend no offense either, but Black Ice is a sad excuse for a firewall - and unless they changed it quite a bit, it's no firewall at all.

But hey! If your happy with it, I'm happy for you:)
                        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                          No offense taken.
                          And I intend no offense either, but Black Ice is a sad excuse for a firewall - and unless they changed it quite a bit, it's no firewall at all.

But hey! If your happy with it, I'm happy for you:)
                          My thoughts exactly...

Comment

Far be it from me to dictate.
                            I would never tell you what OS, CPU or video card you have to have, and I will only make reccomendations as to software.

But secluded_sniper you have left yourself rather open with your choice of security software.
                            Perhaps you could try Tiny Firewall? Or maybe give ZoneAlarm another look if there is a newer version since your last testing.

Black Ice isn't thought well of for good reasons. If you look around in the forum the question of software firewalls has come up before - and in not 1 single instance did anyone reccomend Black Ice Defender.

I'd hate to see you get let down dood, someday that may be the result if you rely on the capabilities of that program alone.

I don't particularly care to use a software firewall, burns up precious resources. The fact is though, ZoneAlarm has saved my bacon in one instance and proved to me it was just good practice to use it.
                            I don't have to love the interface, or the few CPU cycles it occupies, but I do appreciate the protection it provides - 1st rate all the way.

Comment

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist! One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.
                              All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

Comment

Working...
                              X