Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE problems

hi all,
    yesterday for some reason my IE6 stopped functioning properly.
    when i double click the IE6 it gives me an error and won;t start up.
    but the strange thing is if i open it b4 i connect to the internet, it works fine...and as long as i keep at least 1 IE indow open i have full use....but if i close it and then try to start it tup again i get the error. any help would be appreciated...btw i'm using windows XP
    :cheers:

Well I don't know for sure. But this might fix it
    IE Repair Tool \/

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q318378

Comment

Any specific error message that may be helpful within the knowledge base?

Offhand I would reccomend you take a look at MSKB Article #Q318378
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

whats the error message cuz i have had them all in IE, by the way mozilla is better

Comment

thx for ur help guys...btw the error is just a jumble of numbers and letters
          i'm gonna try the IE repair tool now...wish me luck:)

Comment

Good luck. :thumb:

Comment

here's the error
              AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2600.0 ModName: flt.dll
              ModVer: 1.0.0.1 Offset: 000042de

and reinstalling IE6 didn;t help it...does anyone know how to uninstall IE 6 so i can install an older version of IE?

Comment

Can you use system restore to get you back to a point before this problem started? :?:

Comment

You wouldn't happen to be using FlashTrack - iMesh, or anything like that would you?
                  That utilizes an flt.dll - sounds like it might be your problem.
                  Look in your Program Files directory for either an ftapp or flt directory.
                  If you have one, see this link for further instruction
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

well i used imesh quite a while ago...but this problem only came up recently...and i certainly havn;t installed any spyware recently

Comment

actually i think i'll try that stuff MR.c..
                      errrr... when it says enter regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\ftapp\ftapp.dll to deregister teh file....where do u enter it?
                      btw thank you all for ur help:)

Comment

A Command Prompt, go to Start - Run.

The reason I mentioned that link is because this is the only reference I can find to the DLL listed in your error message. Many links on the topic, but this one seemed to be pretty concise on the subject.

Good Luck - hope it works for you.

Comment

o to a friend and copy that flt.dll and then go replace it on your machine his, somehow it got corrupt that should fix it in a jiff i am the master of IE probs

Comment

oh thanks...i'll do that...
                            btw i tried that in run but it sed something about not being able to find teh module...altohugh i'm gonna try now:cheers:

Comment

hmm i just discovered something else...after i get the error, i also get errors from windows explorer when i double click on my computer or try to access settings through start menu....does this mean i need to reformat?:(

Comment

Working...
                              X