Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audio Pitching Programs... or something of the like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Pitching Programs... or something of the like?

Hey...

Does anyone out there know of any programs that can give you the pitch (either in hertz or note-wise) of a sound?

Cheers,

-Osiris

are you looking for a single tone pitch, or various pitches, like in music or something?

Comment

Just single tone would be fine :).

Comment

Check this site http://www.uni-scope.com/index.html
        See if that is helpful:?:
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Well, i am not an audio geek, but I do know that AnalogX has many many little utilities that he wrote to work with audio, and he may just have one you will find useful.

www.analogx.com

Comment

Thanks for the links guys, plenty of useful apps... unfortunately, none of them had what I was looking for :(.

I've had a look on Google for audio analyzers, but none of them seem to be able to just take a sound file and give a reading of the frequencies put out :(.

Comment

I just had a thought... What about a winamp plugin? <Insert Google Here>

I'd look but I'm not real sure what you are looking for.

Comment

There's a program called G tune which will give you the frequency of live tones.

Soundforge version 6 will give you the pitch of recorded audio tones.

If you do a net search for Tuning Software, you may get a few hits.

Good Luck,

Acebass

Comment

Well, I finally tracked something down :).

Thanks guys :).

http://www.simtel.net/pub/winxp/sound/

Comment

Working...
                  X