office xp sp1 crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• office xp sp1 crashes

At the office update website there is about 4 updates that I am capable of downloading. However, I can't use any of them without sp1. When I go to install sp1 its all fine and dandy until it gets to like the last square then it will give me an error message. When I hit cancel cause retry doesn't do anything. THe progress bar will proceed to count down back to 0 I guess its undoing what it already did. Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me.

I cant say i have ever had any problems with it, sometime it wants a mapped drive (think it's u:), but it does not use it for anything. (all my use is in schools, so...)

Comment

It is me all along isn't it. ISN'T IT!! I knew it! :cry: :cry: :cry:

el oh el....seriously my dad has this problem to. He can't install the update on his comp either. :(

Comment

you version of the SP might be corupt

Comment

could be.......but that would mean that every version that I downloaded was corrupted, or the version my dad downloaded was corrupted. Or the one on microsoft's office update website itself! was corrupted. Then again I'm not sure.

Comment

What about your Office XP CD? is it very scrached? or could something interupted the installs?

Comment

nah.......cd is fine.....what else do you think it could be? Where was the place that you got your file from? Can you possible give me the link to the exact mirror that you got yours from? I guess that'll show if its corupted or not :(

Comment

Sorry, my network manager gave me my copy of the sp1, i can ask him, but he probably got it off the corprate download site.

Comment

grrrrr...........I don't think I'll notice anything improvement anyway. I have no problems with office. However it did mention something about performance flaws. I can use some performance improvements. Sometimes it does take a good 10 seconds to load up word. Then again sometimes it takes 10 seconds to open up IE. Is this with all comps?

Comment

the sp has some fixes and security patches, but if it's running fine and your not on a network that is consdtaly concted externaly (like a school or big business) then it should fine with out the sp

Comment

ah well I am on a network (home) but I run everything locally. Just the fact that I know there are problems that I don't even know about bother me. WHich is why I download EVERY windows update possible even if I'm not gonna use it.

Comment

Sounds like me
                        I have friend that think the oppisite and don't install patches, new drivers, bios flashs, etc, but if you ask me they release them for a reason.

Comment

exactly I mean they are fixes right? Now bios updates on the other hand is a different story. I'm paronoid that it'll #&%$ up and trash my whole board. What are the chances of that?

Comment

are you just downloading via the office update site or do you actually have an administrative install of SP1? its a 17-18 Meg file. download that and run it. get CD for when it asks you for the CD. and all should be good..

Comment

Well I did download the administrative update file thinking it would work but no luck here. I then proceeded to download the regular sp1 file and it gave the error message no matther where I downloaded it from.

Comment

Working...
                              X