No announcement yet.

office xp sp1 crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had this problem with one XP pro box @ work. we ended up booting to safe mode logging in with the machine's administrator account then installing the sp1 admin patch from safe mode..

Comment

ah safemode I'll try that. Haven't been in there for a while.

Comment

Is there any workaround in XP for when the retry button does nothing and cancel backs you out of the install? Have you experienced this with other software installs? Does the safe mode boot work for them as well?

Comment

well I haven't gotten many error messages like this for any install. When I do its usually file in use know what I mean? However I haven't gotten around to safe mode cause I've been busy rewireing my house for ethernet. Stupid PNA is finally gone. :D

Comment

There is a known problem, if you have used the infamous XP Pro version available on the net, it is actually a pre-release version, and the SP will fail to install when it reads one of the files having a version number ending in .0, instead of the .1 of the official release

Comment

Where is this .0 or .1?

Comment

Just use SP2, thats been out for a little while now.

Comment

can't and I have a weird reason for that. You need SP1 in order to install SP2. Why? Usually SP1 is built into SP2. or patches for that matter they always include the older versino's.

Comment

I got a copy version of office xp. And I can't install the service pack.
                    What should i do??? Plz help.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
                      Where is this .0 or .1?
                      I'm in the same boat and I second this request.

Comment

I have this problem to, at least I know what the problem is now!

Comment

Where would the registration info for office XP reside in regedit??Maybe messing with this would sort it.....:flames:

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
                            Where is this .0 or .1?
                            :confused:
                            Hello
                            Did you ever find out where these .0 or .1 are?
                            Or is there another work around, like a new key you can use for office xp?
                            I had that same error you did when I tried to install sp1
                            (error 1328)

Thanks Grant...

Comment

Working...
                            X