Office XP Lockout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office XP Lockout

Every Office XP program seems to be in some sort of 'read-only' mode - I can only open files and view them, not create new ones or edit existing ones.

In Word, when I try to type into the default document, there is a message at the bottom saying 'This command is not available because the document is locked for edit.'

Please help, it's damn annoying having to re-boot into 98 whenever I need to alter documents :(.

i would suggest purchasing the product and installing the legal version and then see if the problem still occurs

Comment

LOL, or just reinstall it...
      At the request of wiggo ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
        LOL, or just reinstall it...
        Yeah Windows product Activation to the rescue..:D

Comment

Welcome to Microsoft's new anti-piracy measures - with Office 2000 they "blacklisted" the serial begining with GC6J3 because it allowed you to bypass activation. Once you installed Service Pack 1, Office 2000 would open then immediately shut down.

So buy the product - or at least use an older version that doesn't require activation ;)
          What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

its not ntfs security since you can see it in win98

sometimes office locks files because it get stuck and thinks somebody still has it open (this if office2k not sure if it applies) but the fix to stop this occuring is to ensure that your login name is the same as the name in office

Also can u create new files?
            http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
              Welcome to Microsoft's new anti-piracy measures - with Office 2000 they "blacklisted" the serial begining with GC6J3 because it allowed you to bypass activation. Once you installed Service Pack 1, Office 2000 would open then immediately shut down.

So buy the product - or at least use an older version that doesn't require activation ;)
              I don't think it's activation problems - other have installed Office from the very same CD and had XP running with same serial for longer than I have...

Comment

Working...
              X