No announcement yet.

how can i control my uploads (and downloads)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i control my uploads (and downloads)

I've got a cable connection with a 10 GB limit, from wich i can upload only 1.5 GB. Does anyone know of an application that can monitor and control my down-and uploads. I mean that when i reach my 1.5 upload limit, i can stop uploads without stopping the downloads.

thx

You want Bandwidth Monitor 2.0

It'll warn you when your out of Upload/Download and many other things :thumb:

I've used it for years, you'll have to "pay" to get it unlocked tho ;) I can help you with the process if you give me an ICQ, 5767364

:cheers:

Comment

is it just me, or when your upload limit is hit, and uploads are stopped, doesn't that mean your internet connection is useless? I mean, if you can't send data out, how can you request stuff to be downloaded?

Comment

I doubt they stop your uploads, but probably use some cunning business initiative and charge you dearly for each Mb over the limit:?:

But yeah, what you said is correct if it weren't for cunning business initiative:laugh:
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
          I doubt they stop your uploads, but probably use some cunning business initiative and charge you dearly for each Mb over the limit:?:
          hmm... sounds like Hell$tra
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Gimp, does that app allow you to cap downloads and uploads at whatever transfer rate you desire?

I could use a little app like that once in a while.

Comment

nope it doesn't cap :(

Comment

With Optus, once you have reached your limit they drop you to 28.8. ...They might as well just disconnect ya!:thumbs do Totally unfair, but where i am i have the choice of [list=1]
                1. optus
                2. optus
                3. optus[/list=1]

Comment

Ya must do some d/l'n then as here I have 4 PC's suckin' off the connection but have always averaged under 2 on the old Netstats system but this is my first month on the new system so I'll see what happens. ;)
                  You could always try Hell$tra. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                    Ya must do some d/l'n then as here I have 4 PC's suckin' off the connection but have always averaged under 2 on the old Netstats system but this is my first month on the new system so I'll see what happens. ;)
                    You could always try Hell$tra. :D
                    Wiggo: Regards to cable the only choice I have is Optus...:cry:
                    But you get that...:( , then you get over it...:D

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood ya post, but what's wrong with Optus? :confused:

Comment

Maybe I misunderstood ya post, but what's wrong with Optus? :confused:
                        Optus is good, don't get me wrong. The prob is with the Plans available once you hit the limit, you get thrown down to snail pace, till the end of the month and on some days, you can really chew through the megs. so it varies, then they charge for each meg beyond the limit as well...
                        But as I said "you get that"

Does that explain it?...:D

Comment

I've seen nothing about being charged for the extra MB's once ya past the limit, http://cable.optusnet.com.au/pricing.html?tas=nml :confused:

Comment

I've seen nothing about being charged for the extra MB's once ya past the limit, http://cable.optusnet.com.au/pricing.html?tas=nml :confused:
                            :o Oooops! Your right I just checked the paperwork it's wrong with the extra meg charge, but the main thing I was talking about was once you exceed your limit you can only get a max speed of 28.8kbps for the rest of that month

Comment

Just don't do any heavy files downloading and ya should be ok. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X